Pages

Followers

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fave of the Week 314/365

Its Friday and time to link up for Favorite Photo of the Week over at "through a photographers eyes".



A Friend Indeed
{314/365} A Friend Indeed

I don't know that this is a great photo, but I like the story it tells.  I actually went back for it.  I was driving past and noted this man and his companion sitting calmly in the park over looking the river.  I crossed the bridge thinking "that was a good picture, I should turn around"....so I did, recrossing the bridge hoping they'd still be there. 

And they were....I took this from across the street, feeling a little guilty, but pressing on.  I was hoping to catch the little dog peeking through the slats on the bench-but the two were just sweetly lost in daydreams. 

Wishing you a happy Friday and a happy weekend.

6 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Glad you went back for it - it is a sweet moment.

Kay L. Davies said...

I'm sure you're not sorry you went back for it, as it is now your favorite photo of the week, one you could so easily have missed. I love stories like yours: not just making a U-turn, but recrossing the bridge. Beautiful.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

missing moments said...

Great shot .. good you went back!

Ms. Becky said...

hah! a great capture. isn't the doggie's nose peeking through the slats? it's hard to tell, but I'm happy you went back. had I gone back for all the one's I passed up, well I'd have a lot more photos for one thing. sometimes it's worth it, and sometimes not. this is a yep.

lisa said...

I simply LOVE this!

JM said...

It's a wonderful capture!