Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Holiday Weekend Scavenger

Linking with Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  If you don't already, consider playing along.  Always fun, and sometimes challenging as well. 





Here on 4th of July weekend, I'm keeping it kind of quiet and am totally good with that.  Had a nice mellow time with some friends at a BBQ last evening.  Lit a couple sparklers, had a burger and a smore.  I'm good.  I can use some downtime.



This week's chase included: Pop of Color, Crossing Thresholds, X-ray (say what?), Toy, and a choice of Hidden or Farm.

String
String
Pop of Color:  I'm happy for this topic this week.  I feel like this post needs a pop of color-kind a of muted set.  This bright pink string is from a construction site.  Dirt, gray, wood, shingles....this marking string was one of the only colors around and it caught my eye right away.



Afternoon Walk
Afternoon Walk
Crossing Thresholds:  Tula and I like walking (well walking for me, running for Tula) in the woods.  One path we enjoy is a former RR trestle that's long and straight; ideal for noting any bikes or joggers coming along with enough time to reattach the leash to be a considerate dog owner.
Looking down this long path from Tula's perspective gives a sense of threshold.



Rays
Rays
X-Ray (not):  I sooooo didn't know what to do with this prompt, but here are some late day sun rays poking through the clouds near Middle Beach....gonna have to work.  I still have a sore ankle, but pic of ugly ass black air cast is NOT working for X-ray either.



Chess
Chess
Toy:  No kids....this will have to suffice.  Found this set glowing near a window at an old inn.  Chess pieces have wonderful shapes and style.



Hayer
Hayer
Farm:  This old hayer was sitting in a field;  that's an automatic screeching halt with the car and grab the camera.  Definitely not hidden-out in the middle looking camera ready all on it's own.

Hope if you're celebrating the 4th you have a wonderful holiday.  Thanks for checking out my scavenger images today.



27 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

You really rocked it out this week - I love the entire set. Beautiful job and happy 4th!

Buckeroomama said...

Your last three shots are absolutely beautiful! :)

Allison Hoffman said...

the chess shot is beautiful - great perspective

Monica @ MonicaWantsIt.com said...

That chess shot would be a lovely print to frame. Love all your photos- great job!

My Photographic Eye by Irela said...

The Chess shot is Ahhhhhhh-mazing!!! I really love them all though. The POC is beautiful and Crossing Thresholds very creative view! Nice job.

Susan said...

These were all great. Loved the chess picture and the last one, AMAZING!

Hope you have a blessed Sunday!

Susan said...

Creative finds! I love the lighting on the chess set, and your perspective on threshold. That old rake in the field is GREAT; love the different colored grasses against the dark metal. Have a wonderful, restful 4th!

Michelle said...

Great interpretations! The chess shot is wonderful from that perspective and I love the color pop of the string.

Anonymous said...

Susan- you are beyond creative! Rays... instead of x-ray = BRILLIANT

That was a tough one this week.

Happy 4th!

[BOYS]terous Brooke

Kathryn said...

the chess shot just rocks!

momphotographer said...

your set is amazing. seriously. next picture better than the previous one! wow! great work!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots, Susan. I especially love your "Rays."
Carol B.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

That was a great set - every single one of them was so interesting to look at and I especially like that last photo - it certainly was a scene just waiting to be captured.

Jessaca said...

Love that farm and rays shot!!!

Cedar said...

Ha! I think the random number generator will feel for me, but maybe we'll "meet" in class (I think she has two openings).

I love your pop of color! Your x-ray may not be an x-ray exactly, but is a gorgeous shot! Hope your ankle heals quickly. I love the light and dof on your chess shot! Really lovely work!

deb duty said...

These are all such great shots! I love your take on rays! Very creative and the scene is so beautiful.

JOy said...

These are gorgeous photos. I like your afternoon walk!

Stefanie Brown said...

Love your pop of color shot as well as your farm shot. Nicely done...

lisa said...

These are great shots for the prompts Susan!
I especially love the last one.

Nela said...

I love your crossing thresholds picture! Good job capturing it! :)

Valeria said...

Great entries. I love toys and pop of color is my favorite. I love it.

julie said...

Great shots...especially love your take on toy!! :)

LeAnn said...

really beautiful set of shots! I love them all

Woody said...

I really look forward to your scavenger hunts, you have a great imagination!!

Tania Palermo said...

Hi Susan. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I really enjoy Ms. Becky as well. This was quite enjoyable - the scavenger hunt. I think once I am settled again I might join in. I'm happy you liked the Olson house pics. I found the place magical and can't wait for another opportunity to go back. I was in Maine for 5 months in a winter sublet and am seriously considering relocating there.
Happy 4th!!! I look forward to coming back here again. :)
Tania

James said...

Sounds like a good way to enjoy the 4Th of July. We are going to have a few hot dogs then walk over to the bay where we can see about three firework shows. :)

Great job with the scavenger hunt. Your pictures are always really are nice to look at. You inspire me too!

Miriam said...

Your (X)ray shot is fantastic, I love it! such a wonderful interpretation. I'm torn between pop of colour and the chess pieces. I am so glad I don't have to choose! Your entire set is fabulous.