Pages

Followers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Reflections

Linking with James for this week's weekend reflections.  Do take a moment and check out the meme, you won't be sorry.

Found some nice reflections this week and am happy to share.

Buon Giorno
Buongiorno
Met some friends for dinner in Portsmouth NH one evening.  This is may be the third time I've shared reflections from storefronts from this inspirational port side town.


Buoy
Buoy
A couple days back I shared an obnoxious amount of daisy shots I took beside a cozy in harbor in Georgetown Maine.  When I wasn't busy loving the daisies, I was checking out what was happening on the water.


Paddle
Paddle
This man enjoyed a cigarette along the shore and then headed out for some healthy upper body exercise.  I'm glad he did-nice colors on a gray day.



Skiff
Skiff
These two were helping prepare for a big wedding celebration on the island across the harbor.  How romantic.  I believe they were in charge of groceries-I see some in hand and loops of plastic bags next to "the skipper".  Carting stuff to an island is a big job-hope the wedding was a smashing success.  Heels and gowns in a little boat?  Jus' sayin'....


Sleepy Morn
Sleepy Morn
Back home an early wake up gave me some pretty reflections all to myself.  Sometimes I forget what a pretty area I am lucky to live in, until I take time to post my photos to share.  I mean....wow.



Easy in the Early
Easy in the Early
I HAD to take the sneaky shot of this lone woman on the beach as she watched the pink hues from the sunrise.  One of those shots you know will work the instant you see the opportunity.

Two Dories
Two Dories
I normally don't share my images more than once, but my dear high school friend Tex (Laurie, to the rest of the world) suggested this one should be included in the reflections meme...she's smart, so I'm listening to her.  Hope she's right.  I like the shot-hope you do too.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend.  If you're like me here in the US...happy July 4th.  Celebrate safely.


13 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I really like that first shot - reminds me of home for some reason.

Janis said...

Great reflection shots...you do live in a pretty place!

namaki said...

the two boats are great and so are the others... Great job !

James said...

It seems that almost every time I see your Weekend post I like the first shot best until I see the second then that one's my favorite etc. They are all so good and I like them all!
You are a reflection pro! :)

Laloofah said...

Ahem. What do you mean, I hope she's right? Of course I'm right! I'm always right. Just ask BW. ;-) Thank you for the compliment (and the shout-out!). I don't know how smart I am, but I'd like to think I know a great photo when I see one, and Two Dories is a great photo! It definitely was worth a second look and is perfect for your Reflections post. Thank you for stepping outside your comfort zone and giving it the encore it deserved! :-)

I also especially love the photo of the woman walking on the beach (you sneaky devil, you!) Wouldn't it be something if she were to happen on this post sometime? I wonder if she'd recognize herself?

Enjoy your holiday weekend, Sue! xoxo, Tex

Jane said...

I like that first shot, it works wonderfully well in B&W. Your friend is right, that last shot is a beautiful one and a perfect entry for weekend reflections. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

Woody said...

Tex was spot-on, the dorie shot is great. The first monochrome reflections is pretty snazzy too!

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific collection of reflections, Susan! I really like the first B&W one, but the watery reflections are always my favorites and yours are breathtaking! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Dyche Designs said...

All great shots but I especially love the first and last ones. Have a wonderful weekend.

Scrappy Grams said...

happy July 4th to you! wondrous shots!

lisa said...

Wonderful reflections Susan!
Happy 4th to you!

Ms. Becky said...

I love Skiff, and Two Dories was my fave from the initial post. I want that one. :)

Gilly said...

I love the Two Dories shot, especially the way it's almost totally symmetrical, which could have been boring, but the the orange buoy breaks it up just enough to make it work beautifully.