Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scavenger Time 308/365

Linking with the fabulous Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.   Great link, give it a try. 




 
This week's items were: Black and White, Reflections in Glass, Headlights, Seeing Double, and Bare.
 
In Style
In Style
Black and White:  Would like to say that this is my ride.....but it's not.  Maybe someday.
 
 
WindowShoppingWLR
Window Shopping
Reflections in Glass:  Another great reflection op in Kennebunkport tourist district. 
 
 
HeadlightsatDuskWLR
Headlights at Dusk
Headlights:  I had fun playing in traffic....isn't that what parents used to say to kids?  Go play in traffic?  Consider it done.
 
 
White Linen {308/365}
White Linen {308/365}
Seeing Double:  Are not two dogwood blossoms better than one?  Thanks to Kim Klassen for the linen texture.
 
 
SeatlessWLR
Seatless
Bare:  This shot was about the late sun shining on the bike.  Rural lock-up, remove the seat and leave it next to the tree.  I wasn't so sure about that, but there were two bikes, both without seats.  Guess that's how they "do it".
 
Thanks for peeking at my scavenger hunt and have a fabulous day.
 
 
 

15 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Love your headlights and seeing double - the tones are so beautiful!

Lori said...

The photos are great!

Abby said...

I love them all!

Laloofah said...

A B&W BMW emblem, very cool. I LOL'ed about you playing in traffic! I love the linen texture of the double dogwood flowers, really elegant. And I'm intrigued by the seatless bicycle (which is beautifully lit, btw)! Probably a pretty effective way to discourage theft, though it does remind me of a joke that's probably not suitable to share here. :-)

Rosie said...

Such a wonderful set of photos, Susan! Those headlights are such a gorgeous idea!

Tamar SB said...

These are great!! I would love to drive a BMW one day too!

Carol Blackburn said...

I'm laughing at the bike with no seat. I know they remove the seat so no one steals the bike because they can't sit down....but, in my opinion would removing the pedals be better, as one can always stand up to peddle away. Great shots, Susan.

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful scavenging, Susan.
I love the dogwood blossoms. SO beautiful.
I agree with Carol, the lack of a seat doesn't prevent theft, it just prevents sitting while stealing. But it's an idea I'd never thought of before.

—Kay, Alberta, Canada

Cedar said...

The lighting/colors in that last photo is just fantastic though I'd rather own a lock than carry around a bike seat with me. Don't play in traffic, don't play in traffic--at least that is what I've been telling my kids; have I been saying it wrong all these years?

Beautiful, creative set! My favorite is the dogwood blossoms!

Brooke said...

Great set Susan! That new way of securing your bike is brilliant! Very creative.

Ms. Becky said...

I love the bike photo. it's the light. and headlights at dusk. that's so dreamy and creamy and the colors/tones are ooh la la.

Linda R. said...

These are all great shots. But I just love you headlight shot. It looks awesome..

Hugs, Linda

Sara said...

Great set, love your headlights shot. Love the bike shot and the explanation!

Tania Palermo said...

These are all great..and I esp. like the light in the last shot...and who knew taking the seat off was a way to prevent bike theft...interesting.

JM said...

You make the most common scenes look beautiful. The bike shot is such a great example.