Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scavenger Time

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Truly, if you're not "doing" this link, you're really missing the fun.  Check it out, it ain't a contest, it's just for fun....anyone can do it.  I love that.












My blogger is was doing this weird kind of strobe light thing this morning....flishy-flasy images.  Wonder what that's about.  Is Was anyone else experiencing it?  My blog is was jumping around while I typed....just wonder if blogger ghosts are had been around.  (Thankful it has stopped....I felt like I was being transported to the LOST island or something). 

Of course the other issue: my expensive Sonicare toothbrush will no longer charge.  Seems when one spends $100 on a toothbrush, not to mention the expensive replacement heads.....the battery ought not to die within a couple years.  Grrrrr.  Maybe the toothbrush ghosts will disappear as well. Anyone know how to fix that situation?  Electrical gremlins this morning.

This week's topics were: Things that look like a Letter, Weather, Bling, Tangled, and Dark.  Fun list.



Before Dinner
Before Dinner
Looks like a Letter:  Feel this is a little lame with the shadows making an H....but otherwise I like the catch of the afternoon sun pouring into the empty restaurant.  By the time my friend and I had finished our early meal, the place was nearly full.

Garrett
Garrett
Weather:  One evening a storm came up while I was out.  I pulled into an ope area near beaches where I thought I could see it.  I met Garrett whose license plate says "Stryker9" and whose passion is shooting storms.  I took this from the safety of my car, but I enjoyed watching him-nice to see someone engaged in something they love.....no matter the danger; bless him.


Toes
Toes
Bling:  My best showing off her manicure and splashy toe ring.


By the Gate
By the Gate
Tangled:  I'm a sucker for scenes like this.  The entire long fence line was covered in a tangle of beautiful blooming roses.  Would hate to deal with the thorns though.

Sparkler {sh 38}
Sparkler
Dark:  Well light in the dark.  This sums up my entire fireworks experience this past 4th of July.  Honestly, I need to get out more.

  Have a great Sunday and thanks for stopping by.


19 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

Beautiful photo's

deb duty said...

That was nice to run into someone who loves photography. My favorite this week is the roses on the fence. Very pretty!

Linda R. said...

Such great shots.. Those roses on the fence look so pretty. And I love the storm shot. very cool!!

Laloofah said...

I think your shadowy H is very clever! And that's a pretty photo, too. I suppose Garrett is one of those photographers who gets the incredible shots of bolts of lightning I'm always admiring. Wishing him safe storm chasing and great photos. I love the toe ring - used to wear one on every toe (but the big toes) on both feet, every day of the year, till my reflexologist badgered me into removing them. Except one, I insisted on keeping one! By the Gate is my favorite of the bunch. Gorgeous! And your sparkler is a wonderful and close 2nd. Sparklers are just my speed for the 4th, peaceful and pretty!

Ashley Sisk said...

They sky in your weather shot looks intense - also love the light in your first shot.

Marla said...

I love that tangled shot. It's so peaceful.

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Kay L. Davies said...

Scavenger Hunt Sunday does sound like a lot of fun, but if I take on another photo meme, my husband will have a fit. Meanwhile, I'm hoping writing memes will help me break out of writer's block.
Your photos are perfect. I can't even pick out the one I like best.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ms. Becky said...

scavenger hunt is one of my favorite memes that I don't participate in - I like what others do with it. what I love about your scavenger hunts is the thought you put into your expression of it. love that sky view. your best's long nails really really make me want to get her a clippers, and yeah, I know, just after a ped? my bad. really nice toe ring though! I think my fave is By the Gate. it screams YOU. I've had my Sonicare brush for I think 7 years and keep it in the charger cradle at all times, so it's always charging. Hmmm, I wonder if that's a bad idea. if that thing goes, well, I sure would miss it, saying the least. have a fun Sunday Susan.

Susan said...

I love these, such a pretty toe-ring, and great tangled. I didn't even find any sparklers to buy this year!!! Great capture!

Hope the technology ghosts leave you alone soon!

Tamar SB said...

These are great! Love the sparkler! I'm joining in for SSH this week too - my first week at it!

Sarah said...

These are great. Love the first two.

Poetic Soul said...

I love these

Cedar said...

Very creative set! Love the light for H and what a beautiful tangled rose!

Rosie said...

Such wonderful photos, Susan! I'd love to have that gate with the flowers - beautiful!
Thanks so much for your nice comment at my blog! And, no, unfortunately, I can't move my desk :-(

lisa said...

Fantastic interpretations for the prompts Susan! I especially love "Bling." Beautifully done!

Not sure what is going on with Blogger the last couple of months. For me it is the disappearance and reappearance of things in my sidebar. Who knows!!

James said...

Great shots! Garrett would have loved the extreme weather that I saw on my cross country drive.

My wife's and her mother's Sonics both died recently. I don't know about my mother in-law but my wife went back to the old fashioned way. :)

I was able to fix it a few months earlier but I can't remember how and apparently it didn't last.

Roan said...

Well done! I found the letter difficult, but I finally found one.

Anita Johnson said...

I saw the H right away...I like these photos and the contest-free hunt. I'll have to join the fun next time.

Henrietta said...

Before dinner shot, there is wonderful light