Pages

Followers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Shoot and Edit-week 28

Had a fun time linking with Jill and Ashely last week for "Good to Wow".....so I'm going to give it a try again.  Call me crazy.








This week the topic is Summer.  Last week it was Skies the Limit.....this week summer....thankfully the topics offer a broad sweep for me with interpretation that works in numerous ways. 

I've taken a gazillion boat shots this summer, so....here's another one.  Why not?  The summer is short yet often glorious in Maine, really 1/2 of June, July, and August.  Labor Day brings a quick turn to cooler weather and rapidly shortening days.   Being near the ocean is one of summer's treats. 

Let's hope I can take this photo up a few notches with this week's editing tricks-or perhaps some from an earlier week.  Thanks Jill and Ashley.



Summer-week 28
Lobster Boats

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

This shot has a lot of potential. Don't feel limited by the prompts - it sometimes gets to me too because I tend to take pictures of the most random stuff depending on my mood. But yeah, I'm so glad you joined!

Woody said...

I want what's INSIDE the lobster boats, I have not had a lobster in years.

It's a nice shot, I like how they look in the calm waters.

missing moments said...

Oh, now these are going to be fun to work on!!!

Jamie said...

What a great shot - can't wait to see what you do with it.

Cedar said...

I love the colors in these boats and such a serene looking scene! Beautiful! Have fun with your edit!

JM said...

Such a beautiful and peaceful composition! Kind of a coincidence too as I've been photographing lobster traps today. :-)

urban muser said...

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today. i look forward to seeing what you do with these lobster boats!

lisa said...

This is a wonderful shot Susan, and I can think of a lot of things you could do with it. As a matter of fact, maybe too many!!! I look forward to seeing your edit.

Tania Palermo said...

I like the simplicity of this shot...and it's making me miss Maine. I'm torn between living somewhere near Portland, ME and Portland, OR - and this is tugging at my heart.
Tania