Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Scavenger 317/365

Linking with the fab Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Seriously, great link for one and all.  If you haven't taken the plunge, do yourself a favor and join in for the next one. 







This week's list I found a smidge tricky, but still got it done.  When in doubt, interpret in an unusual way....always gets me out of a jam.  I was looking for: Music to my Ears, Hat, Clear, Out of this World, and Sprinkles.



Waiting on Randy
Waiting on Randy
Music to my Ears: I have a lot of musician friends.  Yesterday Randy played....in tribute to a lost friend.  The friend had wanted his memorial to be a celebration, so it was held in a bar-any musician who cared to play could.  I waited with the summery seltzers and sunglasses. 
Even with limited hearing....I always enjoy his ethereal, spiritual world music.  He is a pioneer of the musical fusions in a world more globally aware.  Check out his site.  An amazing talent and I'm lucky enough to be his friend.

And It Has These Two Little Ears
"And It Has These Two Little Ears"
Hat:  Speaking of friends.....don't you love them?  Here's my best trying on a hat she found at an artist gallery.  Can't you hear her?  She was saying "Susan, come on, don't you want one of these?"  I really don't, but she was making it work.



RaindropsWLR
{317/365} Raindrops
Clear:  I've really enjoyed the daisies in my yard....and in other people's yard this year.  Last year I was all about peonies.  This year the daisies have captured my heart, in all weather conditions.



Oasis
Oasis
Out of this World:  It's been hot.  I've not yet complained, though it is complain-ably hot.  I hate January....
Stopped in this garden near a church.  Despite the heat out on the street, I found some shade, beautiful sights, inspiration, and a breeze to chase away the heat for a bit.  Lovely....felt like I was "out of this (weather) world" of the last few days.


Watering {sh64}
Watering
Sprinkles:  Watering at the farm stand.  I've taken this photo before....several times.  I think I've even shared the previous versions, but when I drive by this sight with the light reflecting through the sprinklers, I can't help myself, I have to shoot it again.  I wish you could see it in person-it's dazzling.

Thank you for visiting.  I appreciate you taking the time to check out this week's snaps.  Hope you're having a great day.




18 comments:

Nela said...

Lovely "clear" photo! The raindrops make the daisy extra special. :)

Laloofah said...

LOL! Love L's chapeau! It looks like its designer was torn between going for the Mickey Mouse Hat look and the Valkyrie Opera Singer look, and found a way to blend them! (I'm stunned you didn't want one.) ;-)

I have renewed my own affection for daisies this year! So cheerful, unassuming, friendly and sweet.

I love that last photo! I can see why that scene always captivates you. Probably cools you off just to look at it, too!

Great job on another challenging Scavenger Hunt!

Brooke said...

Yes, I remember that shot... I think it was for "bead." Can you tell I loved it at the time and love it just as much this time. Spectacular SET, Susan ;D

ps - I want to see you in that hat ;D

Isabel said...

Wow, really great collection! That hat is cute!:)

Ashley Sisk said...

Nicely done - I'm loving that clear shot!

tiarastantrums said...

I had a harder time this week with the options as well

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots Susan. Just noticed you changed your blog format, wow!

deb duty said...

I'm all about daisies too. I need to plant some. Your photos are lovely this week. You're right the light through the sprinklers is fabulous.

Kay L. Davies said...

The sprinkler photo makes me feel cooler just looking at it. You've really caught it perfectly.
Love your interpretations of all the scavenger hunt prompts, especially the hat. What a find!

—Kay, Alberta, Canada

Woody said...

Music and Raindrops are my favorites, but the sprinkler is looking pretty inviting at the moment.

Linda R. said...

These are all wonderful shots.. I love your sprinkler shot. Make me feel cool..

urban muser said...

new header? i like...and everything else too.

lisa said...

These are fantastic Susan, especially "Raindrops."
I absolutely LOVE your new blog design!
Beautifully done.

Phoenix Peacock said...

what an ADORABLE hat!

Valeria said...

Very cool shot on sprinkles

Ms. Becky said...

WHOA. new digs! well, you've been busy here. I like it a whole lot. nice and clean and great color combo too. love the header. it's distracted me from the post, but I'm really loving the photo of your best.
the light in her eyes is sooooooo good. and Oasis is a really cool shot too. great light capture. it's just happy happy happy, if I may be so repetitive. sure wish I COULD see that sprinkling in person. have a fun week my friend.

Anita Johnson said...

I feel cooler just looking at that last shot...one of my favorite times of the day at our own fields...when the sprinklers go on! Stay cool!

Rosie said...

What a wonderful collection again, Susan! And I love that hat! :-)