Pages

Followers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Testing Sanity's Boundaries, good to wow


Ladies and Gs....its close to a miracle, but I shot and edited and went from good to wow.  Only took FOREVER!! and there was some cursing and much toggling between tutorial and workspace, tutorial and workspace....you know the drill.

Am I happy?  Yes.  I've been procrastinating editing in camera raw for a very long time (for just the reason of time element) and then this whole frame biz....had to download the frame, figure out how to get the proper layer atop, and when to push ctl alt G.  Push too late and you're screwed.  I got a really interesting result where the frame became the edges of my image with nuttin' inside.  Hmmmm.

But, there you have it good to wow in one easy step.  Yay me.
Despite the desire to do so, I didn't link with shoot/edit/good/wow until this week....week 27, so I went back and edited my pic with the tips from week one (where the suggested topic was winter-hello!)...and decided to let the whole polaroid thingamabob kind of wait for another moment.  And I'm sure there's a way to get that black outer frame away from the image, but.....whatever.  Another day.

Mostly, thanks Jill and Ashley.  In the end it was fun and now I sort of know what I'm doing.  It's that first time that steals your sanity.

Here's my original SOOC

Passing Over week # 27-Skies the Limit






15 comments:

Woody said...

Why is it that tools that are supposed to save time take so long to learn?? Thank god for presets and macros!

Nice frame for a great shot!!

Ashley Sisk said...

You're so funny - I think once you play with some of the tools more often, you'll find it isn't so bad. Feel free to send me any questions you might have. I actually like the way the frame turned out. It looks nice. Glad you linked up!

missing moments said...

I like the frame! Great job!

Kay L. Davies said...

I like your original anyway, but I can see how you've made the clouds brighter, and the fence, too.
I think I'm too old to start messing with new programs, but sometimes I itch to do something photo-shoppy! LOL

—Kay, Alberta, Canada

Stampmouse said...

geat job on this photo. i love that frame where did you find it.

Tezzie said...

Yay, you! It turned out great! :D

Carol Blackburn said...

I love this shot, Susan. What a wonderful job.

Rosie said...

This looks fantastic, Susan! Wonderful framing, too!

helena said...

fabulous - love the colours in your image. The digi thing does get easier the more you do it

JM said...

What a postcard! Beautiful.

Laloofah said...

Those learning curves can be brutal, can't they? Congratulations for making it to the top of this one! Both photos are beautiful, but I especially like the soft, antique-y look of the first one. And the frame really sets it off!

Great fence in the foreground, and those storm clouds are terrific - this post would make a perfect submission to SkyWatch Friday! (What's one more photo meme, anyway? LOL)

Anika said...

What a beautiful scene...great shot!

Cedar said...

You did an incredible job on this! I love the tones in the edit and the frame--it is really beautiful--definitely WOW! You should see my first good to WOW links; I think I went from mediocre to almost good :)

lisa said...

Good to wow indeed!!
This is wonderful Susan!

Ms. Becky said...

well yes, it's a wow, but I have no clue as to what in the world you're talking about here! I'll just appreciate the results. cuz their fine.