Pages

Followers

Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Love 'em.


Lately I feel like my images are boats, boats, and more boats.  Seems each time I see a boat I think I have to take a photo of it.  If they're moving, the urge is even more so.  It's been several years since I was even on a boat; I don't know what this boat thing is about.  Case in point.....

Sea Chaser
Sea Chaser


Summer Freedom
Summer Freedom



Low Tide
Low Tide
Geez....this boat isn't even moving and I had to take a snap.

I do take photos of other things and other reflections though.



Crew
Crew
The other morning I had breakfast with a group of dear friends.  As we left the restaurant, this work crew was just packing up the truck to move on to the next work site.


In Style
In Style
A little "bling, bling" parked in Kennebunkport.  Not mine.  Rats.



Tadpole Hunting
Tadpole Hunting
This was a sneaky catch as his parents were nearby.  I could see the reflection on the frog pond.



Reverie
Reverie
The sky turned beautiful the other evening as I was leaving the beach after exercising the dog.  Too pretty not to take a shot and you know I was thinking "this would be perfect for weekend reflections" when I was taking the shot.

I hope you have a great weekend where ever you are.


18 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What fantastic reflections for the day! I never tire of the watery/boat ones!! The last shot is truly breathtaking! Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Karen said...

A great series of shots!

Woody said...

The low tide shot is great and I love the color of the sky in the last shot!!

JM said...

Now this is a great set of reflection shots. My favourites are the top and at the bottom.

Jamie said...

I look forward to your reflection shots every week, they are always amazing.

Carol Blackburn said...

Awesome reflections, Susan.

Malyss said...

Only "woaw! "comes to my mind.. What a light!!

Dyche Designs said...

I think we all find ourselves drawn to certain subjects. I say shoot what you love because it will shine through in the image. Loving these shots, too hard to pick a favorite.

Pat Tillett said...

An entire group of nice photos! I agree with you about the boats. There is something about them that draws my eye. To water also...

Kay L. Davies said...

I love boats, and photos of boats, and photos of reflections of boats, but your pinkly reflected sky is perfect, just as you knew it would be.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ms. Becky said...

what I love about your weekend reflections is the plural part - you don't stop at just one. you see them everywhere, and you're the master. really. this may surprise you, maybe not. my favorite of the series is Crew. love it.

Scrappy Grams said...

You can never take too many pictures of boats! I love them all!
Love that sky shot!

Anita Johnson said...

I actually took a reflection picture this week because of you. Unfortunately, me and my camera are in it.

lisa said...

These are wonderful reflections Susan!
Have a fantastic weekend!

Arija said...

Sometimes it is nicer to photograph boats rather than go on them. They do after all have quite wonderful reflections. Love the tadpole hunter!

Gilly said...

I love boats too. I particularly like the third photograph (low tide) and the way the boat seems almost suspended between sea and sky - really nice shot.

urban muser said...

ah, these are beautiful. i love the tadpole hunter.

James said...

I left a message but I got a "503 error" So I want to make sure you know how much I like your photos and I feel that each one tells a story. As Malyss said "wow"!