Pages

Followers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Weekend Reflections 320/365

Reflecting that it's the weekend (small yahoo from here) and ready to link up with James for this week's weekend reflections


One of the nice things about living in a busy tourist area.....it's easy to blend in with your big honkin' camera.  One pretty evening this week I zipped right down to the heart of Kennebunkport tourist district-Dock Square for a photo walk.  No one paid me no never mind-I fit right in, well except I was wearing long pants and shoes while everyone else was in shorts and flip-flops.  Gotta have something to prove that I'm not "from away".  Caught me some nice reflections that evening.


Alley
Alley
Little selfie (in those long blue jeans) down the back alley.


Orange Smalls
Orange Smalls
I belong to a fun Flickr group-with members from all over the globe.  Sometimes I pick up some fun lingo, like referring to underwear as "smalls".  I like that one.  Here are some orange smalls outside and lots of other things to buy inside....and reflections of area restaurants in the rear.


Backside Reflections
{ 320/365} Backside Reflections
Many of the local shops back up to this little cove area.  While the reflections are pretty, the water itself was kind of yucky, so don't go getting too sentimental on this image...but do note those flowers to the right near the man who is pointing.


Marigolds
Marigolds
.....well cuz I did go around and catch them up close.


Chandelier
Chandelier
I like this selfie...the way the window frame cuts, I look slimmer than I really am.  That's cool.


Dock Square
Dock Square
I caught some reflections in the Kennebunk River.  When I was a kiddo, this building was a movie theater.  Those arched windows were doorways into the theater.  I remember seeing "Herbie the Love Bug" there.


Mom's Car
Mom's Car
My car has been on the fritz with starter and ignition switch problems....good to have a mom who will loan you hers.  I try to remember once last glance into car windows before calling it a night.

Thanks for checking my reflections out this week.  They're always a lot of fun to find.

16 comments:

James said...

Great shots! I especially like the backside reflections. That looks like a place where I could spend a long time taking pictures.

Have a great weekend!

Ms. Becky said...

first off, let me just say, before I even get to your photos - thanks for getting me. you may be the only person who does. and that's not a "feeling sorry for myself" thing. I'm simply grateful that at least one person who reads my blog GETS me. (the numbers thing). Okay, with that out of the way, let's move on to the good stuff. your selfies are always the best because you're so self-deprecating about it and not egotistical, which selfies can easily turn into, don't we know??? I love how you're turned to the side in the first one. I said "wait a minute". I think one of your best reflection shots EVAH is the Orange Smalls. perhaps it's because orange is my favorite color, but I don't think so. it's movin'. and it just all works, especially that swirly Sale sign. love it. and with Backside I'm loving the turquoise/violet door and window. I want to walk inside. and what in the world was he pointing to? must have been thumbing (my derogatory term for texting). I'm happy that you shot the marigolds - more orange. yay. the next selfie is fun too - pink and orange with a chandelier, what could be better than that? and then you know how to wrap things up with a serene black and white. I've never seen Herbie the Love Bug, I'm so deprived. the closest theater to me when I was growing up was almost an hour away, movies were not usually on the agenda in a farming family. I'll add it to my Netflix queue. it's never too late to have a happy childhood you know. your mom, btw, drives a snappy car. I can only imagine the stares I would get driving my own around your town, with the Support Organic Farmers & That Was Zen, This is Tao bumper stickers. oh, and the rust. Susan, it's been a real pleasure. always. have a joyful weekend my friend.

missing moments said...

backside reflections is absolutely beautiful ... my favorite!

Kay L. Davies said...

I'm glad you're using your mom's car. I was wondering when yours would give up the ghost.
Great photos. I can't even decide on a favorite. So many wonderful reflections.

—Kay, Alberta, Canada

Carol Blackburn said...

Love those buoys hangin' around on the upper deck and that fish sign, too. Great shots Susan.

Dianne said...

Great reflections especially the - Backside reflections- just stunning!

awarewriter said...

These are marvelous! Bet you had fun pretending to be a tourist.

Sylvia K said...

What a great variety of reflections! I love them and it is fun to play like a tourist -- have done it myself a time or two! Glad you've been able to use your Moms car, it does help to have a friend/relative nearby when things crap out! Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Woody said...

"Smalls", I like it, 2nd new expression this week. While in the Bahamas (as a typical tourist), a local woman was arguing with a taxi driver and he was beginning to yell until the woman proclaimed "Don't you be loudin' out on me!"

Nice reflections. I like the 'backside', but I can guess the water can get pretty nasty there. The water makes for a nice background for the flowers.

Scrappy Grams said...

love them all, even the yucky water...I'll take water of any kind! Hey, can you bring that window my way, anything to look slimmer! LOL
have a great weekend!
BTW, your mom has a nice lookin' car.

lisa said...

What fantastic reflections these are Susan!!
Been loving all of your reflections lately.
Have a fantastic weekend!

snowwhite said...

Oh, you found so many reflections!! Your selfie fits in the scenery very naturally and perfectly. I especially love this one. I see your side in the reflection and your camera didn’t face the window?? Why? Mysterious.
Have a nice weekend.

tw3 said...

Such a fun specular post of your walkabout through your town/village.
I don't reckon that the orange t-shirts are quite small enough to qualify as 'smalls' :-).

Rosie said...

These are really wonderful Susan! I love reflections your beautiful photos are really inspiring!

Tezzie said...

I always love seeing your reflections...and I'm totally in love with your home town :D

JM said...

The spot on the third pic is just awesome! Great shot.