Pages

Followers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Weekend Reflections 323/365

Linking with the fabulous James for this week's weekend reflections.  Zip on through if you'd like to see reflections from all over the world.


Last week I was a reflection nut....found billions of them.  This week, not so much.  What's with that?  When you're hot you're hot, when you're not, you're not.  I guess my photos this week in general seem to lack "umph".  My grandmother used to say "umph".    Oh well....there's always next week and I do have at least a couple to share.  I hope your week was rich with reflections.


Pause
Pause
Oh here's Tula Dot....stopping for a little sip.  It's salt water though; rising tide.  This dog hasn't quite got that whole salt/fresh water thing worked out. She's not much of a swimmer either....this is about as deep as she gets in-up just past her wrists and no more.  Can't quite figure out what goes on in that dog's head;  good thing she's cute-smart, not so sure. 


River Weeds
River Weeds
While Tula was sipping, I was checking out these grasses.  Most were covered over by the full moon tide, but these were tall holdouts.


Bumper
{323/365} Bumper
I don't know what made me snap this....it was an impulse grab.  I had parked beside the car and on leaving the spot, well had to snap a few.   Kind of like it.  What I didn't know was there was a police officer parked on the other side looking for speeders.  Wonder how he fared.

Thanks for checking out my reflections and have a great weekend.
 

14 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Even if the police officer didn't fare well, you certainly did. I like the old car, and the weed shot is wonderful, but nothing gets my attention as fast as a big yellow dog. Maybe she knows her system has a sodium imbalance? Salt water doesn't bear much more than sipping, however, because it tastes nasty.
Love your photos, as always!

—Kay, Alberta, Canada

Woody said...

I like your reflections, especially those river weeds. Of course, I can admire old cars all day long! I has a lab that could not swim and would not go in the water. Some retriever, but she gave nothing but love.

'Tsuki said...

These are nice catches indeed... I specially enjoy the last one, xith the car : the reflection appears so soft on it...

Sylvia K said...

Love your reflections for the day, Susan! Tula Dot looks like my son's dog, Mojo, who loves to play in the water. The river weeds make great reflections on the water and what a shiny car!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. Staying cool?

Laloofah said...

You'd never guess from your cool photos that it's wicked hot there!

Grasping the fresh water/salt water concept sounds like something our Tess would struggle with. Tula's such a sweet girl.

You know what those river weeds look like to me? Like pineapples someone stuck down in the water to chill! LOL

I really like the handsomely painted vintage auto reflecting the trees, coordinating nicely with the pine branch on the car tag.

I loved your email and hope to reply soon. Meanwhile, you and Tula stay cool and hydrated and have a relaxing weekend! xoxo, Tex

Ashley Sisk said...

These are nice - I especially like the last one. :)

Karen said...

Terrific reflections! Love the Tula one!

Dyche Designs said...

Loving your reflections, nicely done.

I've been ill recently so haven't been able to venture out much with my camera so I've missed the reflections link up the past couple of weeks. Hope to get back in the game next week.

Have a great weekend.

Scrappy Grams said...

love both the car and Tula's! I love her name too! What kind of car was that? it doesn't look like any I've seen.

Ms. Becky said...

Maine has a really nice license plate, with the pine branch/cone and all. River Weeds is a fine catch for a reflection. but my fave is Tula. again, you captured that Maine light. whatever it is, you're a master. have a fun weekend. hope that heat wave hasn't hit you. :)

urban muser said...

tula dot and willow may be related. cute-yes, smart-questionable. and water only up to the wrists! cute shot.

Francisca said...

I don't know what is your measure of "not hot" but this looks like a fine series of reflections to me! The "live" element has me picking your Tula Dot as the favorite. I also want to thank you for being word verification free (I have been since near the beginning of my blog and just can't figure out why others feel the need for it). Think I'll go check out where your link leads! Thanks...

James said...

I'm so glad to be able to scroll down and catch up on what I've missed!
These photos are wonderful!