Pages

Followers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WW bw Words 288, 311/365

Linking with Rachel for this weeks Wordless Wednesday but with Words.  Thanks Rachel. 
Also linking with Bella for this week's 52 Photos Project for "in the garden".

52 Photos Project
and then, she {snapped}







 
 
 
 
 
Oh I don't know.....sometimes there are those images that you meant to share, or thought would be good for sharing, and somehow they got lost behind something that was a better fit for a topic, something that filled a mood better, or they just sort of got forgotten in an effort to keep up with processing.  You know?  And then you take a peek at them and think "why didn't I do anything with this photo?"
 


Resting
Resting

Newington Barn
Newington Barn

These two farm pics are from an evening I took a fortuitous turn onto a back road....but I also found some beautiful waterside sundown opportunities, and then got some fab "blue hour" shots.  Somehow the images from earlier in the chase took a back seat.


Aligned {288/365} {sh 57}
{288/365} Aligned
I've been shooting a LOT of lobster boats lately.  'Tis the season.  I don't want to say I'm sick of shooting them, but I'm close to that, yet I know that given the opportunity-they look so scenic, beautiful, and so Maine, I kind of can't help myself.
I'm truly waaaayyyyy over due for a good grungy graffiti, rusty, worn, dirty photo night.  What's up with that?


Heartless
Heartless
I walk the beach all year long-and let me tell you, mid January with a strong wind it is some stinkin' cold.  It's discouraging not to be able to enjoy it in the beautiful summer weather.  Fessin' up that now and then, in off hours, Tula and I tiptoe past these kind of signs for a little warm weather beach fix.



Other Side
{311/365} Other Side
Here's my "in the garden" shot for 52 Photos.  Anyone who knows me knows I'm NOT a gardener.  Don't like it, not good at it, weeding-blah.  I do have some no fuss perennials-those even a non-gardener can handle.  My Shasta daisies have just come into full bloom.  Even though I'm not a gardener....I like my "didn't do anything to mae this happen" results.
A few weeks ago Kat posted a "from a flower's POV" topic.  While it's not something I'm doing often, I find it a fab technique for interesting shots.  Thanks Kat. 
Daisy, from the other side.  Who knew that it could be so pretty?


13 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I love your aligned and barn shots!

urban muser said...

love that shot from the other side!

deb duty said...

These are great. I especially love the boats.

Delhibound said...

beautiful from the other side (which ... I guess all of life is, isn't it?)

Woody said...

Some of our best shots come from "I wonder what's down this road?".

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

These are all fantastic shots!!

Love the photo from the underside of the daisy. Unique perspective. :)

lisa said...

These are wonderful Susan. I absolutely LOVE the first one, and the daisy is gorgeous!

Wishing you a fantastic day!

missing moments said...

Lovin' the cow and barn shots!

Jamie said...

I'm loving that barn shot (and the boats)

Janith said...

Lovely secret softness...

Sylvia @ From The Heart said...

The wonderful thing about flowers is that they're here to bring beauty into our world. Your daisy "from the other side" is lovely!

Eva said...

Thank you for the link to Kat. Love what a change in perspective does. Beautiful!

Gilly said...

That flower picture is fabulous!