Pages

Followers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Creative/Good to Wow-week 32

Linking with Ashley and Jill for this week's Good to Wow edit.  Also linking with Lisa over at the Creative Exchange.  Thanks to all these fab women who help make me a better photographer. 



 
 
 
Shoot and Edit Week 32
SOOC
 
I am about to head off for the weekend.....with a goofy group of friends.  Laughing is not optional I'm sure.  Thought I'd snap up a quick post before I journeyed off without computer or internet, but certainly with camera.
 
I don't use textures much.  I think I like the vibrancy of an image, but often times I think flowers are a great spot to give a texture a go.  I decided to use one for my good to wow edit this week.
I first wanted to crop the elbows and trash can cover out of this busy tourist spot (okay-these were hanging outside an ice cream place-I'm busted) and make them look as if they were in a quiet scene outside a little cozy home on a side street.  I can dream can't I?
 
After running a clean edit with warmth and color balance-and of course a big ol' crop, I used Kim Klassen's serendipity texture in 3 layers...heavy on the blurred hanger, to try and draw out the foreground.  Hope I "made it work".
 
Have a great weekend, and I'll catch up with you on Sunday-if I'm not sore from laughing too much.




Hanging Flowers
Hanging Flowers

 


11 comments:

Woody said...

I like the colors - they really pop.

Ashley Sisk said...

I love this shot - the closer crop and the hint of texture really brings these beautiful flowers out. And for what it's worth, I thought your SOOC shot was great to begin with.

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderfully done, Susan. Enjoy your weekend. Glad you are taking the camera at least.

Pat said...

I think you achieved your goal here! Lovely image!

lisa said...

This is gorgeous Susan!! Your processing on this one is fantastic. It sounds like you have a great weekend planned.

Thank you so much for sharing this at The Creative Exchange.

Laugh lots and have a beautiful weekend!

lisa. xo

Ms. Becky said...

I like them both!!! I hope you have the time of your life this weekend. wish I was going with, but if you take lots of photos then I'll have tagged along in the best possible way. cheers Susan!

Tania Palermo said...

You definitely made it work..I like the soft dreamy effect. ...hope you laughed alot with your friends...

Jamie said...

You totally made it work.

from Sharon said...

Good for you! This is a gorgeous shot, so vibrant and luscious in color. It is beautiful with or without the texture. So have a terrific weekend, and no smiling, it might crack your camera!! have fun.

Anita Johnson said...

You more than made it work! Beautiful A+

Marcie said...

What gorgeous colors. Beautiful!!!