Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scavenger-night version 347, 356/365

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Great link and always lots of fun. Thanks Ashley.







I'm certain I'm the only one that keeps track of my own blogging activities and habits....hell, we're all too busy blogging to notice when someone else is blogging, aren't we?  What I'm saying is, normally I spend Sunday mornings in a more relaxed mode: slippers, mug o' coffee, and posting my scavenger photos....a little ritual I give to myself.

This weekend I was away with friends, so I'm linking up with a evening post.  I guess 8 o'clock isn't "night", but after the fun weekend I had, bedtime is going to be on the early side tonight.

I am NOT complaining, but wow, this week's list was a challenge.  It required thinking outside the box that's in the shed out back behind the garden.  Pheeewwww.  In some cases I feel I might be able to use an image for more than one category or interchange a couple.  Fun though.

The topics were: Geometry, Brushstrokes, Hanging by a Thread, Collage, and On the Dotted Line.

Silenced
Silenced {356/365}
Geometry:  Getting realllllyyyyy close to finishing that 365....another one of those late night grabs.  If I don't self-destruct this week, I'll finish up on Friday.  All the lines and squares in repetition made me think of geometry. 
The dust on my piano keys is hidden by the beautiful pourvous texture by Kim Klassen.  Another fabulous use for textures....dusting.


Rainbow
Unexpected Rainbow
Brushstrokes:  Using a very loose interpretation for brushstrokes, but is not a rainbow God painting the sky?  Work with me here....
Caught this one mid week-never rained, but got a show anyway.  It was beautiful over the ocean.



Crane 16
Crane 16 {347/365}
Hanging by a Thread:  Since last November the lone bridge across the river in town is being replaced.  A temporary bridge was installed to keep the area passable.  It has been interesting to watch the de-struction of the old and the con-struction of the new.  This huge crane was brought in last week to set the horizontal spans.  For perspective, the mill building in silhouette is at least 4 stories high. 
Glad I snapped this, the next morning the crane was taken away.


Too Much Coffee
Too Much Coffee
Collage:  I've wanted to try one of these merged photos for awhile.  My friend Sonja makes a great model-and she has a fantastic sense of humor.  Not exactly a collage, but 3 images put together-I'm going with it.




Circles
Circles
On the Dotted Line:  Wow this was tough.  Aside from a signature, I was lost.
My friends wanted to "shop" in the local pottery place this weekend.  While they spent money, I saved money by shooting pics.  This is part of a wind chime....see all the circles (dots) attached to the string (line)?  I know, better for geometry or hanging by a thread....but then what would I do for this one?

Thank you for stopping by and checking my pics-as odd as the interpretations might be.  'night now....

18 comments:

Saun said...

Great series love the crane shot.

Ashley Sisk said...

Your work looks gorgeous this week - I"m loving your first two shots.

Cedar said...

Wow! Fantastic photos! That rainbow and the circles! Love them! The piano shot and texture is beautiful, too! How to dust ~ use a texture! Very clever!

Woody said...

This is a very unusual collection, but I love them all,especially the collage. Neat processing on the piano. I could spend every day at constructions/destruction sites.

Brenda said...

Hey, it's your scavenger hunt - go with whatever works - no rules, remember! :)

Really like the circles - the textures and repeated patterns and that lovely blue reflection.

Rose said...

Wow, these are all fantastic! Definitely all equally good in my humble opinion. I love the collage photo. Brilliant!

Susan said...

Great finds one and all! I love the dotted line interpretation and the hanging by a thread. But I’d have to say my favorite was your Collage!

Laloofah said...

Wow, those were tough prompts! But you were definitely more than up to the challenge, these are wonderful, creative interpretations! I am especially impressed with "brush strokes" and "hanging by a thread." I agree completely that that beautiful textured photo of the piano keys is a great image for "geometry" (though I was so wishing the prompt had been "algebra" instead! I'd have expected an artistic photo of a pair of corduroy pants! LOL!) And I also agree that the wind chimes could have easily stood in for both "geometry" and "hanging by a thread." A fantastic collection, I really enjoyed them all!

I'm glad you had a fun weekend with your friends, and hope you're enjoying sweet dreams!

Michelle Renee said...

These are great. I love the rainbow for brushstrokes!

My Photographic Eye by Irela said...

Wow...these are all so wonderful. I love your brushtroke and your geometry. Awesome work.

Tezzie said...

Fantastic interpretations!!! I especially love your rainbow brush strokes <3 Gorgeous photos, my friend...so great to stop by to see your work!

lisa said...

These photographs are wonderful Susan. The piano is my favorite, and is simply over-the-top gorgeous!

I noticed how close you are to finishing your 365!! Pretty wonderful feeling isn't it? Congratulations to you as you finish the last few days!

xo.

Jamie said...

Hope you had a great weekend with your friends.

I love the piano keys!

My Captivating Images said...

Love your use for textures! LOL! Now if only I could get that to work in real life. Hmmmm......

Buckeroomama said...

Clever collage! I also love that crane shot. :)

Anita Johnson said...

I very much like your interpretations this week...especially the brushstroke. Great way to think about a rainbow. And I'm going to start dusting with textures too, brilliant!

April said...

fantastic! great interpretations... love your brushstroke and on a string photos.

Brooke said...

So creative. Love your take on collage!