Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shoot and Edit week 31

Linking with Ashley, at the last moment, for my Good to Wow edit for last week where the topic was "turn the hose on".  I keep thinking I'll do this edit earlier....and then work gets in the way, not to mention procrastination, other linkys, and life in general.  Maybe next week.

Turn the Hose On-week 31
SOOC

Fireman Jr
Fireman Jr-edit

My nephew Quinn is all go, all the time.  I don't know how he compares with other kiddos his age, but he doesn't watch much TV, which I believe has helped foster an incredible imagination.  I'm not sure if he was putting out fires, watering the garden, spray painting, soaking down pirates, or doing something else my boring old Aunt Susan mind can't even fathom.


I was really hoping that when I put these two images side to side, that there would be a difference.  I'm pretty new to editing and frankly, at times it feels overwhelming.  I've been doing "Good to Wow" for a few weeks now, mostly going back to older lessons to learn what I missed from week 1 thru to week 27.

Before "G to W" I didn't really use curves, so I've been trying to add that to my editing menu on a regular basis.  I also learned recently about the median filter under noise....so I used that to soften everything but him, and used high pass sharp on only him.  I did a little re-touch of any skin with warmer color and a blur, and then a solid color pinkish/magenta to subdue all that green. 
Then I pushed flatten and said "hope for the best".  I do think this is more pleasing and the color is definitely improved.

Thanks to Jill and Ashley.  Appreciating the opportunity, even though it seems to take me forever.



14 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I really like your edit - nice and subtle.

Ellie said...

I don't know much about photo editing but this looks good, warmer and brighter.
Photo editing scares me a wee bit as well.Lol

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Susan, I have a difficult time seeing the difference in the photos. It could be just my bad eyes....LOL or the fact I'm still too tired to function normally. I think the edited one looks more sunny but there are no shadows. Hmmmm, must be high noon! :)

Dyche Designs said...

I don't know much about editing either but I like the changes you made. Definitely made the image warmer.

Woody said...

Very subtle but it makes to colors pop.

JM said...

Yes, there's a subtle difference which really makes the photo look plausible, if you know what I mean, and I like that. Besides, he's so cute! :-)

urban muser said...

curves, filter, high pass, huh? i have photoshop pse and don't know how to do any of this stuff. will you learn it all for me? thanks.

from Sharon said...

You are learning your lessons just SWELL! First the photo is adorable touched up or not. Second: I can see the work you put in on the second one. You are on the right track!

smiles:sharon

Anita Johnson said...

Your edit is great...the colors pop without it looking over processed...something I can get a bit heavy handed with. Still learning.

Jamie said...

Great pops of color

justine said...

I agree, very nice subtle edit

Cedar said...

Great edit! Just a little brighter/more contrast~but just the right little! Cute shot!

Cassy said...

Good job! Everyone loves it and so am i.

Cassy from Beginner Free Guitar Lessons

Kimberly said...

Your edit looks great! Really makes the colors pop!