Pages

Followers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Texture Time

Linking with Kim Klassesn for texture Tuesday.

kimklassencafe


I left myself a note on my computer desk  "don't forget texture Tuesday".  This week the theme was Back to School and it's my first time linking up.  I dug out an old photo from last fall that seemed to fill the bill.

Back to School
Back to School


I am must admit, I don't often use textures and really don't have a sense of which one to choose for what image. I just try some or guess. Guessing is okay, isn't it?
For this image I used the texture "golden" and tried to set the bus apart from the scene. I think maybe the bus is too vibrant, but they are kind of vibrant.  Whoops, didn't see that two texture rule....I did use golden at least 2 times.  That counts, I hope.

Soon I'll see these rumbling around the local streets again. Not a problem unless you're behind one and late for an appointment.  As Kim would say....sigh.

Have a great day.

10 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I think the texture really works here - love that.

urban muser said...

i always guess with the textures. trial and error, that's my way :) this looks great.

Jessica -- Living in a Still Life said...

I think guessing and trial and error are almost the only way! It's really hard to predict how a texture will interact with the photo, you know? I like this one a lot -- and it's a great subject matter for back to school! : )

Kay L. Davies said...

I know nothing about textures, but I like the picture. (You know, what people always say about art!)
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Jill said...

I love this shot! My kids don't ride a bus but I used to.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo you choose , the view from the back sugest it taking off to school !!!

Lily aenee

Woody said...

Yea, it's about that time. The texture gives this image a 'film' feel.

Ms. Becky said...

yeah, I agree with Woody. this is a true "autumn" photo, and that's great because I'm so ready for it. the heat and humidity have taken a toll, that's for sure. I just love the look about this photo. whatever you did with the texture, it's subtle and it works. happy day to you Susan.

Pat said...

Perfect photo for this week's challenge. Good job!

Rachelle said...

I guess all the time... I try multiple edits... experimenting is the fun part of processing an image.