Pages

Followers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Press on through for beautiful photos from around the world.


I'm going to unplug and unwind for a couple days, but wanted to make sure to get my reflections in before doing so.  Confessing that while I'm looking forward to a little mini-retreat at the family cottage, while there I always miss my ability to get on line.  Seems silly really, but the internet provides a portal to the world and to my many acquaintances and friends out there in blog and flickr land. 

I used to say that music was a "time art"; if you missed a beat or a note, you couldn't go back and recapture it.  A difficult concept for my students to comprehend....they'd want to go back and fix-while I wanted them to keep the flow of the song going.  Keeping up with friend's blogs is kind of like that.  Even when you're not there, blogs just keep going and going and pretty soon your dashboard is so full, well, you've got to let some drop....if I miss you I'll catch ya next week.

Am I supposed to be talking about reflections?  Ah,  yes.....

Star Island
Star Island, NH
The view that greeted my friends and me when we arrived on the ferry boat at Star Island.  I think they all were looking straight ahead, but I caught this before trailing on behind them.  Ever feel like you're constantly running to catch up when you're the only one taking snaps?


Scripted Planter
Scripted Planter
A few nights ago we had a late afternoon down pour followed by clearing skies before sunset.  A great combo for photographers. This little reflection was on a small plant stand outside a shop.  I knew my fellow reflection lovers would appreciate it. 
Texture; "scripted edges", by Kim Klassen.



In for the Night
In for the Night
I like the impressionistic feel of these muted reflections.  More lobster boats; what can I say.  Picturesque Maine...


Purple Sundown
Purple Sundown
I fell in love instantly with this yellow sailboat and took a gazillion shots of it.  Then this boy came stepping along-providence!!  It was a great shot, but I felt with him passing through it became even more special.

Thanks for checking out my reflections this week....and have a great weekend.










15 comments:

Brenda said...

Susan - beautiful reflections, one of my favorite things in the world to capture. I completely sympathize with your feeling of "missing out" when unconnected to blog land. We just returned from 5 days away visiting our grandson and while I was able to go online, I still feel like the world passed me by. Enjoy your time away! Keep snapping and then catching up with the group.

Woody said...

I like the 'arrival' view, it's a stunning building and reflection. I, too, like that yellow sailboat, excellent!

Dyche Designs said...

I find myself drawn to the reflection of the potted plant. Beautiful captures, have a wonderful weekend.

Ms. Becky said...

just returned from an unplug myself, and wanting to go back to that state! my fave is the yellow sailboat. and those lobster boats look sort of small, not what I thought they looked like, but what does a land-locked girl from the Midwest know about fishing boats? great reflections Susan. have a fun weekend.

'Tsuki said...

The second one is the best of this excellent set of reflections, in my opinion. I like the intimacy that spread from the picture.

Jamie said...

I so love your reflection pics - they always blow me away.

Sylvia K said...

I do know how you feel about somehow missing out when you have to be away from the computer for one reason or another! I've had a couple of days like that and I feel I'm somehow missed something???? I love all your reflections today and hard to pick one favorite! Love the plant and the dreamy, watery ones are so lovely! Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy! We'll be waiting for you, Susa!

Sylvia

Ellie said...

Hi, just found your blog. I really love your pictures especially the one with the boy with the fishing rod. Lovely. I have just signed up to be a follower.

Dianne said...

Your "Purple sundown" is just delightful - just the right amount of soft evening light

Kim, USA said...

Now I am envious you are having a good mini retreat/vacation, the view is superb and your photos are excellent!! Who don't get envious hehe. Happy weekend and enjoy!!

Sunset reflection

Cedar said...

These are lovely. I love the reflection in the first one and the boats on the water with the lovely colors, beautiful!

Yeah, I am always running to catch up and apologizing to my waiting friends.

JM said...

Beautiful light on shots #3 and #4. Also like the composition on top, it's a wonderful image.

Linda Makiej said...

Beautiful reflections!! Lovely shots....
So peaceful and pretty!

missing moments said...

I'm with you, I would have taken a gazillion pics of that boat ... and it came out perfect with the fisher boy!

James said...

You live in such a beautiful area! I love the way you capture it's beauty and peacefulness. It seems like an ideal place to unwind. Enjoy yourself! Speaking of time I'm looking forward to spending some time looking at tour older posts. :)