Pages

Followers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Reflections 348/365

Linking with James for this week's Weekend Reflections.

Blue Truck
Blue Truck

These plate glass store fronts are kind of ugly, but they are fab for reflections.  Vertical blinds also for me a big (but sometimes necessary) yuck, but again adding interest to what should be a bland scene.  Two scruffy guys puffing on smokes on a nearby park bench were wondering what the hell I was doing taking pics of windows.  Puff on guys, you'll never know.

Mirror Me
Mirror Me

Oh why not?  A distorted selfie is always fun.

Echos
Echos

I knew this unique fence/railing offered a great opportunity for reflections and shadows, but went through a lot of contortions to try to figure out how to get both the fence and it's reflection in an image that makes sense.  I suppose it doesn't have to make sense....but, I'm a Virgo, I like things orderly.  There is a stairway leading to a store below street level.


Stairwell
Stairwell {348/365}

See yours truly all smashed up in the corner?  I suppose the guys on the bench thought I was a nut, but.....



Little Row Boat
Little Row Boat

....this proves that I'm not. 
Obviously a different day far from the plate glass windows and the guys puffin' smokes.

Have a great weekend.  Little hat tip to the awesome James.

15 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

You always find the best reflections - I love the row boat!

Scrappy Grams said...

I agree, you have so many terrific reflections, too many to pick a favorite. You know, I still have some difficulty just pulling my camera out of my purse anywhere because of what others might think. :( Need some courage, please!

Dyche Designs said...

I'd love to take a walk with you, you find the most interesting reflections. I absolutely love Echos and the Boat shots . . . and I've been known to get a few odd looks myself while taking pics too. Have a great weekend.

Ms. Becky said...

I think the first reflection is wild and awesome. I liked it immediately. I hear you on the vertical blinds (my mother loves them) but they add the zing here and it works beautifully. love the distorted selfie too - we were thinking along the same lines this week, only I didn't distort mine ENOUGH! Echos is great too - I thought you were going to write "stairway leading to heaven". too much Led Zeppelin listening in younger days I guess. and I always love your water reflections, they're just the best. I really like how you composed that one. hope you have a fun weekend of snapping!

Woody said...

I like the self-portrait, it's cool! That's a funky railing, I especially like the second with the shallow DOF yet the reflections clearly shows.

Who doesn't love a little row boat??

Sylvia K said...

You do indeed always manage to get awesome reflections and today is no exception! I love these and particularly the one of you and the last shot of the boat/water! Hope you have a beautiful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Pat Tillett said...

I really like all of them, but the first and last are my favorites. Especially the last one!
Very nice!

'Tsuki said...

The self portrait is amazingly fun, but all pictures are awesome, Susan : well done !

joo said...

Superb set of photos!
Have a nice weekend:)

Lynette Killam said...

A great set of shots! I often get odd looks when photographing things no-one else seems to find beautiful or interesting...:)

from Sharon said...

Doesn't it make you feel happy and like clicking your heels..hmmmm shutter...with so many lovely comments. You deserve them all. My favorite the boat...you cropped it magnificently. Yours days must be happy, swinging along with your camera. smiles: sharon

Kalyan said...

Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

Bengts fotoblogg said...

Great photos, my favorite is the Little row boat.

lisa said...

These are great reflections Susan, especially the last one. I love that photograph!

James said...

After reading your other comments I can see that others appreciate your reflections as much as I do. You really know how to capture interesting reflections. Great stuff!