Pages

Followers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Thanks Ashley...always enjoy linking the the Scavenger Hunt.



This week's list was:
Stairs, Macro, Clouds, Abstract, and Smile

Feeling like a little "mixed bag" of photos this week.  I don't know that the randomness of the scavenger list allows for cohesiveness....and certainly doesn't have to, but just feeling like I have images coming from all different directions.  Oh well...here goes.

StairsStairs
                                                               Stairs

Stairs:  This bold staircase is located in Quincy Market in Boston.  I was lucky to get a shot of it without a gazillion people walking up and down.  I love the beautiful curved lines and interesting shapes.  Help me out...do you prefer the black and white, or the colored version?  I can't decide.


Ribbon
Ribbon
Macro:  Maybe not macro, but close up for sure.  I have a guest from England staying with me for a bit.  It's jolly, really it is and I'm not being a bit too cheeky by far saying so.  She's taught me about boy racers and why you might say blinkin' acres....and she bought me flowers the other day, dressed in green ribbon.  Quite lovely.  She's having a shifty right now but I expect she'll be back soon and we'll have oven chips with sandwiches for lunch.

 
Watching Summer Fade
Watching Summer Fade
Clouds:  I get a little blue this time of year.  Fall comes quickly here in Maine and I get a sad spot missing summer and due to the quickly fading light.  My blues lift a bit when September weather is sunny, the number of tourists ease, and football starts.  This image feels melancholy to me.


Abstract Reflections
Abstract Reflections
Abstract:  Multiple buildings in reflection.  Caught this in Boston while on a day trip yesterday.  I love reflections and this spot had lots of glass and many geometric angles. 

 
Pam and Laura
Pam and Laura
Smile:  I pulled this from a couple weeks back when I spent a fun weekend with friends.  I especially like Pam's smile.  She is one (and she's aware) that often doesn't photograph well, despite being so pretty and having such a wonderful smile.  I'm glad I caught a great picture of her and my best, Laura.

Thanks for visiting my takes on the scavenger hunt this week.  If this meme is not one you usually do, consider joining.  It's always fun.  Have a great long weekend.

30 comments:

Susan said...

Great finds other Susan. I like the depth that the color shot brings to the stairs. Love your abstract reflections, simply gorgeous!

alita jewel said...

Your summer fades picture is gorgeous and I love your take on abstract reflections.

Alita

MG Atwood said...

great set. Amazing how the b/w changes the look of the stairs. Adore the clouds.

deb duty said...

I love the colors in your clouds photo. The stairs are another favorite this week. Great collection of photos for the hunt!

Carol Blackburn said...

I guess these shots got to me, Susan because in the end I started to hum that song "you gotta have friends...." :) Don't ask me who sang it.

Tezzie said...

I'm glad you enjoy doing the scavenger hunt...'cause I sure love coming by to see what you've found! :D

Stunning images...my fave is your 'clouds', and the abstract is awesome! I really love the stairs, too...in my opinion, the b/w makes it more striking.

Great job, all around! Have a fab week <3

Ellie said...

That's a great selection of pictures. I think I prefer the colour version of your stairs and I love your sunset.

Bethany Hanna Louise said...

The stairs photo is very cool. :)
And the clouds photo is very pretty.

Dyche Designs said...

Great shots Susan. I think I lean more towards the black and white of the stairs although it's a tough call.

The cloud image is so beautiful, I want to lose myself in it and the distorted reflections in the building is such a wonderful capture.

livinlife123 said...

Great shots, I love the clouds at sunset,so pretty!

Brooke said...

Love your take on stairs and smile! I love when I catch someone at their best....looks like you did it perfectly with your friend Pam.

Rosie said...

What a fantastic set of photos, Susan! Those stairs are adorable, and that abstract is really wow, as is the sunset. I do hope you'll get a wonderful and warm September!
Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments, Susan! You are such a wonderful support!

Nancy E said...

Love the stairs in black & white. Great shots all around... nice work!

Leanne said...

Nice set of shots- i like the colour photo of the stairs, love the colour of the bricks- and your abstract is really cool.

Kathy said...

I am going to cast my vote for the colored stairs. Just that beautiful shade of brick red adds so much to the shot for me. Gorgeous! Beautiful set of photos you have here :)

Kathy

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Love your stairs & the last shot has so much feeling- So warm and friendly!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are so great - love love that cloud shot. The colors are beautiful.

Rural Revival said...

A wonderful collection, and I love your abstract reflection!

Buckeroomama said...

Great sets this week, Susan! I really like your Clouds and Abstract. Really cool reflection on the glass.

Have a lovely week!

Sarah said...

These are amazing! I actually like both of the stair shots, but I think I prefer the color.
That sunset/cloud shot is gorgeous!! Nice work!

Woody said...

I love the warmth of the bricks on the stairs yet the 'coldness' of the monochrome captivates me.

Nicely captured smiles - they are contagious.

Ask your guest the expression they use to request a wake-up call. ("knock me up in the morning")

Ms. Becky said...

hmmm. I think the stairs photos are like yin/yang. they need each other and belong side-by-side. it's neither one or the other. I'm really loving Abstract Reflections - it's very cool. and you captured a lovely intimacy with your friends - those smiles are both great. hope you're having a fun long weekend Susan. happy day to you.

Valeria said...

Great shot for abstract

Sara said...

Great set, love macro and clouds, beautiful colours!

Mortal Muses said...

These shots are just gorgeous; particularly like the green ribbon and the reflection image. I like both staircase pictures, but my vote would go to the coloured one. But then, I'm really biased towards colour so you really shouldn't listen to anything I say when it comes to this sort of choice.

Your gentle teasing of your UK friend's language made me laugh. Seems so normal to me! Hope you both had a good time.

Gilly said...

Ooops...that previous comment isn't from Mortal Muses - I just forgot I was logged into their gmail account! I take all responsibility for that post.
Gilly

lisa said...

Great shots for the prompts Susan! Love the black and white stairs. Great lines, and the black and white really brings that out.

Cedar said...

Terrific set as usual! I really love the ribbon shot and the stairs are wonderful--in color and BW (color might have a slight edge for me.) That sunset is lovely! Yes, melancholy like play Taps, but beautiful!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Susan, I really LOVE the new "simplicity" around here...and this collection of photos is amazing!

James said...

Beautiful shots Susan! I know how hard it can be to photograph stairs without people on them. Sorry I can't help because I like both b&w and color. I also wanted to compliment you an the abstract reflections. WOW!