Pages

Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Scavenger

Linking up with Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Always lots of fun-you should try it!






This week's topics were: Bokeh, Process of Elimination, Remember, Statues, and Flying High.


Summer Night {339/365}
Summer Nights
Bokeh:  I dug this one out from the July file....I'm missing this beautiful summer light already.  This is the Main Street in my home town with an intentional soft focus.



Spike
Spike
Process of Elimination:  I'm not sure if I handled this topic right, but I was interested in this spike poking up along the RR bed.  I think it adds by giving sense of the scene.  I'm not sure the image would be as strong with just the spike.



Outside Macys
Outside Macy's
Remember:  Since today is the 10th anniversary of 9/11 an image of flags seemed appropriate.  Remember how many people hung flags out after the attacks?  I think it's sad that they've sort of disappeared from view again.  I'm also remembering that today is my nephew's 5th birthday and not all that happens on 9/11 is sad.....as in life, there is both joy and sorrow.



Dog and Me
Dog and Me
Statues:  Shadow statues?  We were both standing very still.



In the Air
Into the Air
Flying High:  I like taking photos of vapor trails.  The seem to say to me "someone is going somewhere".  I'm a bit jealous as I stand here not traveling to some fabulous destination.  I guess if I look at the other elements in the image, I'm in a pretty fabulous destination already.
(thanks to my friend Gilly at The Camera Points Both Ways for explaining what the "Orton" effect is)

14 comments:

deb duty said...

Your remember shot is beautiful with all the flags. My favorite is your flying high. Such a beautiful scene. And happy birthday to your nephew!

Mira said...

My fav one is the spike shot. I love all the texture and the composition. well done! :) Happy birthday to your now teenager nephew. time does fly like crazy doesn't it?

Tamar SB said...

I know where that Macy's is! Beautiful shot - love your statues shot too!

Linda R. said...

Your remember shot is awesome. You captured all those flags perfectly..
Of course you statue shot made me smile.. Very clever..

Katie said...

I love the remember shot. And the statues!

Ms. Becky said...

last week I took a look at the prompts for the hunt today and thought they might be doable. then I completely forgot about it...
but hey, you do such a fantastic job I don't need to do the hunt myself. I'm content to sit and observe what others have found. I love Spike - the photo itself and the word. that's a wonderful shadow shot. Tula must have been sitting so still for Dog and Me. love that one too. all the texture with the beach pebbles. Into the Air reminds me of a shooting star and your Orton effect is very nice. the light in Summer Nights is perfect. yeah, the days are noticeably shorter. I went to the lake shore last night and was surprised at how early it got dark in comparison to just a few weeks ago. lucky for both of us you captured so much of that gorgeous summer light with your lens. happy day to you Susan.

Kathy said...

Beautiful bokeh capture. But I adore your "statues" photo with you and your dog. Great interpretation.

Kathy

Brooke said...

Wow, Susan, great set ;D I really like your remember shot.
Perfect for this memorable day.

Michelle Renee said...

Beautiful bokeh!

Anika said...

Love the vantage point on "Spike", pretty!

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful photos, especially the spike, whether it fits "process of elimination" or not.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great set - really love your first two shots and the last. Love it!

Valeria said...

Nice bokeh

Woody said...

I'm likin' the spike (big surprise there) and all the flags outside Macy's.