Pages

Followers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Texture Tuesday-to do

Linking at the Kim Klassen Cafe for this week's Texture Tuesday.  Thank you Kim.

kimklassencafe



This week was an and/or topic.  The theme was "do"....as in a verb.  Then came the option of staying with the do and adding at least one texture, or scrapping the whole "do" thang, and using the Autumn Burst texture.

I went with and.  This sounds like Bill Clinton saying it depends what the definition of is is.  I'm off topic again, but I do have many endearing qualities.

Textin'
Textin' and Smokin'

While in Boston, I spied this waitress. It was 11:00 and she was getting in the necessities before the lunch rush. I loved that she was so engrossed that I could wait for the smoke exhale...she hadn't a clue that I was snapping her image.

While these two "dos" are not something I "do" I suppose you could call them verbs.  Somehow verbs suggest to me action....maybe her thumbs were quickly flying over all those letters.

Happy Tuesday.

 

15 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

My favorite photos are those where I'm people watching...and you really captured a moment here. I love the processing.

helena said...

great capture and composition

Pat said...

Wonderful take on this week's challenge!

Carol Blackburn said...

fabulous Susan...:)

urban muser said...

great moment you captured. love the texture work.

Kay L. Davies said...

Fabulous shot, Susan. And for some reason your photo makes me think of a Norman Rockwell painting. Not that he was in the habit of painting people smoking, so maybe it's the bunting, or the suggestion of film on the edges, not that he did that, either... but something!
I also love the reflections. So many people not knowing you were recording them.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Beautiful capture and texture. V

Jessica -- Living in a Still Life said...

beautiful rich colors! I love the glimpse of everyday life here!

James said...

Excellent street photography!

Woody said...

I really like this composition and the texture is really great.

JM said...

Fantastic composition, love it.

Kathy said...

I like how you were really able to capture an unguarded moment. I feel like I'm eavesdropping and won't get into trouble for it :)

Kathy

deb duty said...

I like your interpretation. Really nice photo. I love the composition and the rich colors.

from Sharon said...

Hi, I really didn't disappear, but had to take a short break from some computer FUN! and concentrate on other matters. But I have now had the pleasure of reading all of your posts. You are a force to be reckoned with....your work just improves exponentially. Your Texture photo, is really very good...not over done. I have to say I agree with you, it is a mixed bag of feelings when it comes to textures. I tend to go for the brighter look, and then I darken too much, or I .........
just haven't quite got the hang of it, but do like the challenge.

Your weather will change quickly....and you will garner some fantastic shots...then winter will give you an entirely new perspective..especially in settings, etc. But I think those photos will also be very special and maybe the lighter textures like Kim does so well, will do nicely for you,

I am leaving for a week, but didn't want to go without letting you know what a great photographer you are...next year....well you will be professional and probably not bother with a blog!!! LOL LOL....stay happy, stay focused. Sharon

Cildemer said...

Very nice capture! She looks really engrossed! Maybe texting her love;o)
Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my place and taking the time to comment;o)

***
Have a nice and happy day****