Pages

Followers

Friday, September 2, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with my friend James for this week's weekend reflections.  Truly one of my favorite memes with so many beautiful entries.  Feel free to zip through and see what's happening.


Well, it's been a week since I finished my 365.  Ahhh.  Ahhhh.  So, this week I've been a lazy photog.  I totally deserve it, but it does not suit me.  I'm mulling over a new kind of challenge that will keep me busy.  In the meantime, I did get out a couple times this week and found a few reflections in amongst the images.

Schooner Eleanor
Schooner Eleanor
A lucky catch just before dusk.  This schooner does day sails for visitors who want to get out on the water while visiting the area. 

Lord's Point
Lord's Point
This is from a couple weeks back, one I didn't get a chance to share.  Walking the dog on a cloudy night when all of a sudden the sun broke through.  How can you not take this photo?  Lord's Point.  I think it was named for the Lord family.....but maybe it was only royalty who could afford this spot.  Other side of the peninsula looks out to the ocean, this side a little tidal cove.


Lock
Lock
Kind of cool mini-reflections of a red building in the raindrops and you can see me (and the table) in the bend of the lock.

Track Design
Track Design
I love graffiti almost as much as I love reflections.  How great was this to pair the two?  That doesn't usually happen, but old Irene spread a lot of rain around that apparently flowed beneath this bridge.  Maybe hurricanes have a few eensy-weensy positive offerings.

That's it for this week.  Thanks for taking a peek.  Should be back on the trail in a more robust way for next week.  If you're celebrating Labor Day, enjoy the 3-day weekend.




17 comments:

Leanne said...

Great refections, i love the light in the Lord's point photo and how great is that reflection in the water drops.

Scrappy Grams said...

reflections are also one of my favorites, especially yours!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan....I will enjoy the long weekend, thank you.

Kathy said...

Wow...the graffiti shot is amazing! Love the perspective and leading lines init too. Great composition.

Kathy

Jamie said...

Congratulations on finishing the 365 - what a wonderful accomplishment!

Dyche Designs said...

Great captures, I really love the lock and lord's point. Have a great weekend.

Dianne said...

I love the top photo of the schooner - your pics looks so lovely against the black background! Well captured!

"Adelaide and Beyond"

Kay L. Davies said...

What a wonderful collection of reflection photos. Hard to pick out a favorite, although I'm always ready for a sailboat shot. The lock, however, is innovative.
I'm interested to see what direction you choose with your 365 behind you.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

lisa said...

Beautiful reflections Susan! Loving that second one!

Sylvia K said...

What terrific reflections in deed, Susan! The watery ones are always my favorites, but what a delightful variety! Hope you have a great Labor Day Weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Phyllis said...

very cool photos - glad you pointed out that we could see you in the lock (off to Maine again - will wave as we drive by your exit) happy & safe long weekend!

Laloofah said...

Happy Birthday, Sue!!! :-)

Wonderful photos, as always! The good ship Eleanor is a beauty. Our little sails around Penobscot Bay sure were fun, and a wonderful way to see the area from a different perspective.

Lord's Point bathed in golden light and reflected in the tidal water is just spectacular! There's one you should definitely hang a price tag on and put in a K'port shop or two!!

Love the rain-drenched reflections on the lock and along the tracks, too. You really have a good eye for catching reflections! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your next photography challenge.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend, Sue, and a wonderful birthday today! xoxo

'Tsuki said...

I just love your lock picture, Susan... The other one are great, of course, but I really do enjoy that one in particular. I like the focus on the lock, making the rest blury, and the light you caught à this very moment of the day.

Woody said...

I'm hoping to get some camera-time this weekend. These are neat, I like the cable with the lock, and of course, the graffiti.

JM said...

Love the Lord's Point shot. What a beautiful scenery!

Lucy the Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James said...

Really great reflections as usual! I love the sailboat in the top shot,Lord's point is beautiful under the sunlight,I'm always amazed by tiny reflections and the bottom shot is very cool! :)