Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

All Scavenged Out

Linking with the wonderful Ashley for this weeks Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  If you've not tried this fun challenge, you're really missing out. 







A dreary Sunday morning here, yucky rain so much so the dog has foregone her desire for a walk and the cat is curled and sleeping in the rocker.  This is my first day off in more than a week and part of me is disappointed and the other part is embracing the thought of being a bit lazy (between loads of laundry).  I did have some sunny late afternoons this week-enough to keep me from being super crabby.  Hope your week was filled with the weather that makes you feel good.

This week's topics were: Inspired by Book or Movie, Brown, Hazy, Coffee or Tea, and Linger.

Faithful Companion {sh 86}
Faithful Companion
Inspired by Book or Movie: An old Hitchcock movie called "Shadow of a Doubt"....but there's no doubt how lucky I am to have a dog who will patiently wait while I take photos. I love to catch long shadows this time of year.  The sun is perfect for it.


Ian
Ian
Brown: I'm taking Art Appreciation at the local community college.  This is Ian, probably 19 and fresh out of high school.  With my 30 additional years on him, he thinks I'm from outer space or something.  He'll love me later.  He told me I shouldn't write in my text book....missing the point that the books are purchased, not high school loaners.  He also looks at me like this every time I ask a question.  Then he spins around 360 degrees in his chair a few times.  I love him.


Fading Summer
Fading Summer
Hazy:  A window box in a quiet village, nearly deserted now that the season has passed.



Already?
Already?
Coffee or Tea:  I guess this fits better with watch or time, but I've got a coffee mug in the backdrop.  I'm lucky not to be needed at work until 9, but it's all relative.



Solitude
Solitude
Linger:  I think one lingers more for happy reasons but I couldn't pass up this image.  The beach is filled with bathing suits, laughter, and boogie boards in the summer, then quickly changes as the season turns to fall.  I find that sad, and this image seems to portray that.  I wonder what she was thinking about.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week. 
Thanks too to Ashley for hostessing such a fabulous reason to write a post every Sunday morning.


25 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

really love your first shot and hazy. Nicely done.

Francisca said...

Say what you will about Ian thinking you're from out of space, but that boy loves you too (in the healthy way, please); it's in his eyes. A lovely series to meet the challenges. I really like the shadow shot, too.

Francisca said...

PS. I'll betcha anything our weather here was crappier than yours... bwahaha!

Cat @ No Wooden Spoons said...

hazy, I love the way you captured that! perfection!

Mad Mind said...

The linger shot is awesome! I would linger there too.

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Love, love, love that hazy shot, Susan. They are all beautiful, tho!

Tamar SB said...

Great finds Susan! Love your movie inspired pic and linger shot!

Brenda said...

Susan,
Beautiful shots.

The solitude shot is really fabulous. Such a story there - I too wonder what she is thinking.

And I see you combined long, beautiful shadows with golden light - no fair!

Enjoy your lazy day.

MG Atwood said...

your photos tell such a story! Ian is going to be a muse throughout your class I think. Your movie interpretation is a great shot.

Katie said...

I love the hazy picture, it perfectly captures summer fading into fall.

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderfully done, Susan. I like the way your mind works. (Ian will appreciate you eventually.)

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Linda R. said...

Such great shots.. The like the editing you did on your coffee shot.. And I just love sitting on the beach staring out into the ocean.. It makes my problems seem so small compared to that big ocean!!

Susan said...

Love your commentary on brown. Too funny. That mug looks similar to one I have that is denim textured. Love your hazy shot!

Kathy said...

Haha, literally laughing out loud here about your second shot of Ian! haha. Your commentary I can soooo relate to as I went back to school a few years ago as an "older" student in the class and felt much the same way as you. And you are right, if he doesn't appreciate your humor now, he certainly will. But by that look on his face, I think he appreciates you now.

Kathy

Lynn Richards said...

I think Ian will become a good friend. Seems like it in those brown eyes!
Love the last shot as well.
xo
lynn

Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Woody said...

We're in the grips of the same weather pattern :-(

Solitude is very nice. Your description of Ian reminds me of my son Nick, who is a freshman at college.

Shadows is pretty awesome, great light!

Jess said...

Your "fading summer" photo is wonderful. Almost an entire story right there.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great post, Susan...your part about Ian made me chuckle. Sounds like you are in a great class.

Chrystal Oates said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your blog, I am your newest follower.

I love your first shot! They are all great.

Saun said...

The linger shot is my favorite wish I was there....

Brooke said...

YES, I love the long shadow shot, aren't those fun! Your hazy shot is beautiful. Great set!

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, your first and last shots? LOVE!

Tezzie said...

So, very very lovely. They all do such a good job of conveying feeling...especially 'inspired', 'hazy', and 'linger' <3

lisa said...

These are wonderful photographs for the prompts.
I LOVE the first one!!