Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ode d'Scavengeur








Linking with the fabulous Ashley because, it's Sunday and that means......Scavenger Hunt Sunday...woot!

This week's topics were a little tough, but I'm going to "make it work", like Tim Gunn always tells the designers on Project Runway.  God I love that show.  A guilty pleasure for certain.

I was on the lookout for: Abstract, Round, Fire, Seeing Faces in Strange Places, and Stars.....
on with the show.


Car Crash
Car Crash
Abstract:  I suppose it could be stomach ache too....but after I finished messing around with this, it reminded me of a car crash with smoke coming from the wrecked vehicles.  Would you believe me if I told you this started as a photo of soup?  'Tis true.


Friends
Friends
Round:  I went on a great hike with a group of friends yesterday.  We circled up and did a group cheer at the end before parting. Reflecting on the day I'm reminded of the importance of friends.  I love that the participants were an inter-generational mix of women-we have so much to offer one another.
(with Kim Klassen's "dream" texture)

Treetops
Treetop
Fire:  I know I'm stretching on fire.  It's not a good leaf season this year.  I think the "leaf peepers" are entirely disappointed.  After seeing Jamie's foliage shot, (if you don't know the wonderful Jamie at Lyrical Journey, you should) all in yellow, it made me think about the variety of shades we get here in New England, including fiery orange/red. 

Saab
Saab
Seeing Faces in Strange Places:  Um, yah.  Rainy days bum me out and provide little in the way of photo ops.  This was a quick and unexpected catch between rain showers.

Window Pain
Window Pain
Stars: Something about this photo, which I like very much, has a haunting sadness about it, hence the title.  It also has star patterns in the pretty laced curtains.  I know they could be flowers, but work with me here; come on.

Those are my takes for the week....can't wait to see how others chose to interpret the topics.  Have a great Sunday.  Now I'm ready for some football!!  Thanks to hostess Ashley too.

14 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I love your fire and face in odd place! Your round has such a sweet back story as well, Susan!

Have a great week!

Kathy said...

Totally with you on the "Project Runway" thing! So...who are you rooting for to win???? :) I can TOTALLY see the car crash in that abstract, how creative! And I just absolutely LOVE your star capture. Both a creative spin on the prompt AND just a great photo in itself. BEautiful.

Kathy

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful set - I really love your first two shots!

Tezzie said...

Think I want the recipe for that soup!! ;) Munchkin would love it, for sure... Love how you edited it; perfect for 'abstract'! And, I'm in love with that window photo...I agree it's got a haunted feel to it. Gorgeous photo!

Susan said...

Great interpretations. Love your car crash soup! That window and pretty curtain does have a haunting sadness to it. Nicely done.

Deanna said...

What a lovely group of photos. I LOVE the "round" photo, and your window pain is so intriging.

gotmycamera said...

This is a beautiful set of photos and the story behind your round photo is great - must be an amazing set of women.

Danelle said...

Love what you did with a photo of soup! Great shots this week. :)

Brooke said...

Susan....love your creativity this week! Glad I'm not the only one who found some fiery leaves!

LINDYLOR said...

Really nice set, I love your circle of Friends and Stars especially.

Life with Kaishon said...

I love Tim Gunn. Like love, love, LOVE : )
I also love your pretty window with that curtain. So sensational. Simple and sweet!

Woody said...

I look forward to these and this week is no exception.

ShutterNinja said...

The tree was GREAT for fire!

Jessica said...

These are great. I especially love the abstract car crash. Awesome!