Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

SHS

That's right!  Scavenger Hunt Sunday hostessed by the one, the only, the wonderful Ashley.  Head on over. 






Crabby-city this morning looking at 3 wet and yucky inches of snow.  I'm NOT going to shovel.  I am going to wait for the seasonally acceptable weather that will melt it off my driveway.  There.  Take that ol' Mother Nature!!

This week's Scavenger, as always, was lots of fun.  If you haven't tried this weekly event, I encourage you to.  It is always fun-and one of the high lights of my blogging week.  Could be one of your highlights too. 

The topics this go-around were:  Macro/Close-Up, Found Texture, Home, Cover, and The Tree.
Onward.

Jeans {sh 98}
Jeans
Macro/Close Up:  My favorite attire, and pretty much it.  Everything goes with a pair of jeans.

Coconut Frosting
Coconut Frosting
Found Texture:  Not a fan of coconut, but the rest of the cake was pretty good.  How can you tell the birthday girl "no" just due to the coconut?  You can't.

At Home
At Home
Home:  Princess P living the good life at the other end of the sofa.  My pets make me feel "at home".

Frosty
Frosty
Cover:  Do you know the saying, "Frost on the pumpkin"?  I was trying to explain to my friend from England that it doesn't necessarily mean it's ON the pumpkin, it's sort of code for it's a cold morning.  She said "but we don't have pumpkins in England"....lost in the translation a bit.
  The other day I found the literal frosty cover on the pumpkin after a sane and reasonable dusting of snow.  Today's snow is not sane or reasonable.  Trick or Treat is right-definitely a trick.

Autumn Silhouette
Autumn Silhouette
The Tree:  I suppose "the tree" had some special meaning that I forgot to write down.  This is two "the trees" that looked especially "the lovely" against dusk.

23 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That frosting looks so good!! Love that tree the sunlight is so stunning!

Tezzie said...

Sooo beautiful! The pumpkin is my fave...love the lighting! (and, I can't believe that other parts of the world got snow before us!...amazing...) I love your 'home', too...looks so warm and peaceful <3 Have a great week! Hope that snow melts for you ;)

hurtlingtowards60 said...

Thank you for leaving such lovely comments on my blog!! I have now found yours.... isn't the blogosphere exciting. Your shots are fabulous, especially like the Autumn Silhouette although the coconut is a very very close second. :-)

Katie said...

Great set! The frost on the pumpkins (and the story) is great! And I agree about the jeans, they go with everything!

Kathy said...

That snow on the pumpkin is GORGEOUS!!!! What a find! And I'm with you...my shovel is staying IN the garage and the sun can do all the work for me!

Kathy

Ms. Becky said...

I just came from another SHS participant's blog, thinking that the words this week would almost be doable for me - I'd use a photo of Daiseymae for "home". and you've used Princess. see, we have this synchronic thingy going on. I think I made up that word. and while I was preparing to comment my whistle went off signaling incoming to my mailbox -----YOU! ha! I'm totally absotively intrigued and looking forward to continuing the conversation...
but I digress. love the soft-blue of the jeans and I LOVE coconut frosting. the light in that one is very nice. Princess P? well, you know that's my fave. love your tree silhouette too. I was wondering if you'd gotten in on the snow fun. I look forward to it actually. yeah, I WOULD, wouldn't I??? last year I purchased one of those ergonomic shovels and it has made a world - no, a universe - of difference in how I feel about shoveling. and I have a snow blower for the driveway. if you have those two things, you will not mind the snow.........................as much. If I could have typed "as much" in teeny tiny letters, I would have.
happy day to you Susan. I'll be in touche!

Brooke said...

Oh man....I just dug, not one, but TWO Almond Joys out of our candy pail after seeing your coconut cake pic!! I'm a HUGE fan of coconut, as you can tell. Also a huge fan of your photography! Loved your set this week. The pumpkin one was my fav! the lighting is fantastic....with or without the snow! Hang in there Friend!

Susan said...

Snow! That’s the perfect excuse to stay indoors and enjoy a hot chocolate and / or good book! Love your shots (as usual). The jeans have such great light and perspective.

Love your home shot too, it seems that pets were a common theme for this. She looks like such a sweetheart! I once read “Home is where your cat is” and I couldn’t agree more!

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely shots Susan, especially those "frosty" pumpkins.

Ashley Sisk said...

Love your last three shots - your kitty is so pretty.

Laloofah said...

Hey, Sue! I'd feared you were among the millions who lost power and we mightn't hear from you for awhile. Glad my fear was unfounded. Hope the dastardly snow melts soon and you can return to lovely autumnal weather.

Great photos! Sure looks like Princess P knows how to spend a snowy day (most cats do!) And I love the snowy punkins. I'm familiar with the phrase "there's frost on the pumpkin," but BW always said, "there's frost on the melon," which just cracks me up. Perhaps they don't grow pumpkins in Texas! :-)

My favorite photo is Autumn Silhouette. It's perfect. There's something about trees - especially nekkid ones - silhouetted against a twilit sky that I find very stirring. Beautifully shot!

Happy Halloween!

Brenda said...

Susan,
As always, I love seeing what you have discovered this week on your hunt. The golden light on the pumpkins - stunning!

And if we had been together, I would have gladly eaten your coconut frosting - but then you wouldn't have created this image, so it's kind of toss-up as to whether that would have been helpful. So, I licked the screen instead.

Leanne said...

Great set, I'm a big fan of jeans too, and love that pumpkin shot.

Carletta said...

I love all of these - your interpretations and work is lovely!
My favorite is the pumpkin shot - beautiful light!

Woody said...

My favorite attire as well. The lighting on the cake looks as yummy as the coconut. The low light on the pumpkins is really nice. I should have taken your advice and let the snow melt. It was wet, heavy, nasty stuff.

Nadege, said...

I love your autumn silhouette. Great collection.

MomLaur said...

Beautiful silhouette of the trees, great shot of the pumpkins , love the macro too!!

Through The Lens said...

Nice blog and lovely pictures :D

- All the best from Denmark.
www.mycameraslens.blogspot.com

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

We had a lot of thick wet snow here too this weekend. Great shots, love the tree one.

justine said...

that frosty shot is fantastic, beautifully composed, I really like it.

Rosie said...

I love your interpretations of the prompts, Susan! Great photos! I'm so sorry I haven't been around so much lately!

Buckeroomama said...

Those frosty pumpkins look good enough for a pumpkin slushie! :)

I love the silhouette of those trees... so beautiful. Great set, Susan!

Anita Johnson said...

This set of photos is wonderful...the silhouette is simple and beautiful. Great frost on the pumpkin...