Pages

Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Simplicity

Linking with Faith who has again opened her weekly photo link over at Simplicity....yay!  Her weekly prompts are fun with open interpretation.  Why not link up yourself?



This week's topic was "What makes me smile?".......

Monarch on Purple
Monarch on Purple

What makes me smile?
Finding something like this when least expected.....a smile and a spring in my step too.

I've not been able to capture but a butterfly or two.  They always flitter flutter away while I'm busy making my manual settings.  I was happy this one stayed put.  I found that circle near the head pretty cool.  I am abominably poor at science, but I think that's how they get whatever it is they get from flower to their mouths (?) or maybe they just sit on flowers for the great view.  Please feel no need to correct this science flaw.  I have embraced the ignorance-I'm quite capable in the other subject areas.

Happy day to you; thanks for your visit.

12 comments:

Faith said...

beautiful capture!! thanks so much for linking up :)

Ashley Sisk said...

That would make me smile too!

Kay L. Davies said...

Wow, a perfectly beautiful butterfly, and a smile: a perfectly beautiful day.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Carol Blackburn said...

Very beautiful, Susan. I understand about the speed at which one needs to make those manual setting changes, even with a point and shoot trying to make a minor setting change causes me to lose many a wonderful shot. I so wish I could just blink my eyes and have the picture imprinted in my brain so I could paint it. Sounds futeristic doesn't it!

seabluelee said...

Love the backlighting outlining your beautiful subject.

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Cool capture, they make me smile too.

Brenda said...

See - this is why I don't photograph things that move - because they MOVE! How's that for a scientific statement?

Beautifully shot!

And I am claiming your blog posts as "things that make me smile."

Jamie said...

What a brilliant capture!

ShutterNinja said...

Gorgeous!!!

lisa said...

This is just beautiful Susan!
What gorgeous light.

Pat Tillett said...

Beautiful photo! I love butterflies...

Kimberly said...

I am a HUGE fan of Monarchs so when I saw your thumbnail on Faith's blog, I just had to click over. LOVE this! Beautiful creature with some lovely lighting!