Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Scavenger

Linking with the kind and wonderful Ashley Sisk for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.







This week's topics were: Landscape, The Color Wheel, Black & White, Food, and Blank Space

John Deere
John Deere
Landscape:  Tractorscape?  There's land behind the tractor....and I think the people that own it live in that house off in the right corner.



Orange Flower
Orange Flower
The Color Wheel:  Analogous colors with a touch of green.



Three Clam Shells
Three Clam Shells
Black and White:  These 3 Quahog shells were left on the bridge post near the tidal waters.  It is rare for me to place something in a spot to take a photo.  I prefer to come along and find something that catches my eye.  I wonder who collected these and forgot to take them home.



Flatbread Pizza
Pizza
Food:  Pizza is one of my top major food groups.  A great area restaurant "Flatbread" uses all organic ingredients and bakes in a brick oven.  Only problem....it's so good I eat way more than I should.





Quiet American
Quiet American
Blank Space:  A man and his thoughts looking out on the blank space of the Atlantic Ocean.  Next port....Spain.
We are lucky enough to be enjoying unseasonably wonderful weather this weekend.  It seems like everyone is out and about knowing this is the last chance for glory, probably until next April.  I liked the solitude of this shot. 

22 comments:

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I love that last shot - I wonder what he is thinking as he stares out to sea.

Lori said...

I love your collection, they all are really nice. Love the first one.

Thanks for stopping by.

Lori

Tamar SB said...

Susan, I love your color and black and white, stunning!!

Katie said...

I love your black and white shot! That pizza looks delicious, I would eat it way too often too!

alita jewel said...

The subject you choose for b&w is not only creative but it completely drew me in.

I enjoyed your photos. I can't wait to see more, so I'm following along now. :)

Alita

Susan said...

Hello Scavenger Hunt neighbor! Love your shots again this week. The pizza looks delish, and the tractorscape is too funny.

Kim Stevens said...

I love the light in the first one with the tractor! Love the simplicity of the black and white and adore the last one. I wonder often what other people are thinking about when I see photos like this - wonderful!

Kathy said...

Haha...I LOVE that last shot! It could be an advertisement for that car brand! What a great find!

Kathy

Brenda said...

Susan,
It is always a pleasure to travel with you through your week and witness your scavenger finds. The trio of shells works so well in black and white - it does make me wonder about the collector and what happened. And the Quiet American - such a lovely feeling of solitude and peace.

parker365photography said...

Beautiful collection! Blank Space is my favorite.

Tezzie said...

So wonderful...your b/w is amazing! I'm a little the same...I prefer to capture things I find, rather than staging them. That pizza made me drool. For real! And, I love your Quiet American. Such a peaceful moment.

And, thanks...luckily, Munchkin only had some 24 hour bug. I should be thanking her, really...I've been eating quiche for breakfast, lunch and dinner! LOL

Have a great week :D

MG Atwood said...

Love the food shot, and that last one could be a commercial!

Cedar said...

Great finds as usual! Tractorscape works quite well! Love your take on blank space! But your BW is really stunning! I, also, prefer to take pictures of what I find, mainly because I don't do well at staging things!

Brooke said...

Susan, I really love coming to see what you have found for the hunt each week. And, you never dissapoint! These are amazing. Landscape is stunning, so crisp and clean. And love your take on the color wheel. Cool processing!

Andrea Dawn said...

Landscape, B&W and Blank shots have the same kind of haunting quality of "thoughtfullness". Love the feel of these three.

lisa said...

Fantastic Susan!
I absolutely love the black and white image.
Have a wonderful beginning to your week!

Linda R. said...

These all look amazing.. I love the editing on your color-wheel shot.. So creative..

Ashley Sisk said...

I love the processing on your second shot. Gorgeous.

Woody said...

I like your interpretation of each and every concept - the flower is very cool.

Rosie said...

What a wonderful collection, Susan! Gorgeous photos! It's good to be back again! :-)

Jenn said...

I really like your black and white shot...great job!!

Ms. Becky said...

alright - Scavenger Hunt. I'm in love with Three Clam Shells. it's perfection and has everything I love in a photo. it's so cool that I can see the rings in the wood and the tiny spider just on the edge. lovely lovely. Quiet American? you got it - it makes one wonder what he's thinking as he looks out over that vast space of water that meets and kisses the sky. did you speak to him at all?
that's a really old John Deere, but they last forever and are the Cadillac of tractors, did you know? it's in really good shape - nothing runs like a Deere. sorry, I couldn't resist. I love the selfie in the pizza side-by-side shot!!! it's pizza weather too. Sundays at my house mean homemade pizza and a Packer's game. I'd love me one of those and there is no such thing as eating too much pizza. happy day to you Susan.