Pages

Followers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with the uber-talented James for this week's weekend reflections


As in many other places, fall is making it's name known and frosty nights are upon us.  Foolishly I've left my very attractive air conditioner (the ol' window rattl'r) in place in my bedroom.  To remove it and store it away is admitting defeat; there will be no nice days left when a break from the heat might be welcomed.  Who am I kidding?  I live in Maine....we hardly need a/c in the summer. The point being, it's freezing in my house this morning.  That a/c is working without even having been turned on.  56 is a bit too cool for sitting and blogging.  I'm immensely layered.  I guess it's time to pull the damn thing and admit it is fall.

In addition to colder temperatures, the light steels away from the sky earlier and earlier.  My delight in chasing the light after dinner is no longer an option.  If I want to catch the late day show, I must do so directly after work, and save dinner for a bit later.  One night this week that's exactly what I did, with great results.  I hope you like my images from along the Kennebunk River that divides Kennebunk from Kennebunkport.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend.

Two Blue Chairs
Two Blue Chairs



Allyson
Allyson



Willow
Willow



Criss-Cross
Criss-Cross



Sailboat
Sailboat


16 comments:

Woody said...

It's VERY attractive when it's 90 degrees outside :-)

I love the glass-like reflections - they are very calming and serene.

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific series of reflections, Susan! I always LOVE the watery ones and the boats! The first shot with the blue chairs is so inviting! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

seabluelee said...

Hi Neighbor! I share your pain over the end of summer, and the encroaching darkness, too. Beautiful images! I love how still the reflections are.

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Loving your reflection shots this week. It's been getting a lot cooler here too and I've had to add some extra blankets to the bed.

Brenda said...

I am so lucky to be able to experience the coming of fall to your corner of the world. Such lovely reflections in the still water - like a mirror with tiny ripples. Peace personified.

Malyss said...

Wonderful line of great reflections! and a very serene mood along the shore. I like this post very much!

Kay L. Davies said...

Definitely chilly here, too. I turned the heat on this morning.
Beautiful reflection shots, especially the first boat reflection.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

James said...

Great reflections of a very beautiful place! I wish you could send over some of your cool weather. Here it pretty much stays between the high 60's and low 80's year round. I already miss the seasonal changes.

Karen said...

Fabulous captures of beautiful scenery!

Leanne said...

NIce reflections- I'd love to be sitting in one of those blue chairs- it looks wonderful.

Carol Blackburn said...

Stay warm, Susan....and enjoy the weekend. We are in for some sunshine, I hear. Great shots!

Rachelle said...

Cold though it may be, the scenery looks quite lovely! I need to find some beauty like this near my locale.

lisa said...

They are wonderful Susan!
We have had a couple of frosts here in NY over the past few days, but this weekend is supposed to be wonderfully warm, so the plan is to enjoy it, as I am guessing it will be the last really warm one!
Have a great weekend!

Phyllis said...

Beautiful shots, all. I want to be sitting in one of those blue chairs, having a glass of wine and watching the world go by as the sun sets...wrapped up in a warm fleece. Don't despair - warm weather is headed our way for the weekend!

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice reflections and photographs! I'm not a huge fan of changing seasons, that's why I live in Southern California. If I want weather, I can go to it!

urban muser said...

so beautiful and peaceful. it had been getting cool here too, but i hear it's going to be 85F today!