Pages

Followers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  If you don't know this linky, please check it out.  Always great fun and great photos from around the globe.


Well after my faux pas of not having any reflections last week, I was on the extra hyper reflection alert this week as if I'm not obnoxious enough already.  On the rare occasion when my mother might be with me while I'm taking a photo....if I stop and say "look at that"-she has a little sing songy thing that goes "ree-flec-tions".  It's debatable who may be more obnoxious.


Red and Yellow
Red and Yellow
'Tis the season.  I don't think we've had a hard frost yet (usually happens late September) so the leaves are confused on what to do this year.  Here's a nice patch that must have high IQs.

Pizza Reflections
Pizza Reflections
This is an example of knowing you're a smidge over the top with the reflection thing.  I knew that neon "Pizza By Alex" would be reflecting somewhere.  While waiting for my mushroom pizza to bake, I took a look around outside.  I wonder if the owner of this truck was watching me through the window.  I like that I found the sign and the buildings along the street.  The pizza was very good too.

At Dawn
At Dawn
I woke up pretty early one morning....which I wasn't too happy about it.  The photos I captured totally made up for my displeasure.

Tranquil
Tranquil
Jus' Sayin'

Sunny Side of the Street
Sunny Side of the Street
On the other end of a different day, the last of sun reflected in a Kennebunkport shop window.

Thanks for visiting and checking out my reflection shots.  Happy weekend to you.


23 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Those trees and the sunrises are just so stunning!! To me that's the one "perk" of being up at 5:45 now, getting to watch the sky go from dark to light!

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful reflections :)

Kim, USA said...

Oh wow these photos are stunning!

Scavenger Hunt

Carol Blackburn said...

What! I thought you were up at the crack of Dawn every day to catch that sunrise photo....:) Great shots, Susan. Enjoy your weekend, mine will be WORKING...:(

Gine said...

Très belle série !

Kay L. Davies said...

Got a good giggle with your mom's singsongy thing, and also the pizza place reflection.
My husband is always on the alert for reflections, etc., for me when he's walking the dog. Nice to have a dog-walker, and my own photographer.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

missing moments said...

Nothing like Maine trees in the all and those sunsets are stunning!

Inger-M said...

Great reflections! I love the colors in the first one.
Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog :-)

Brenda said...

Susan,
I like that you went searching for the pizza sign reflection - that is real commitment! (It is NOT a sign of insanity - no matter what anyone else says).

All your reflection images are lovely and I am grateful that I get to share in the beauty of Maine in autumn.

Valerie said...

A superb collection Susan - don't worry about your preoccupation with reflections; a good friend and I often laugh at our seemingly obsessive nature in this regard, so you're not alone!

Karen said...

A terrific series of shots! Love your dawn ones, I am never up early enough to catch a gorgeous sight like that!

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic collection Susan and you surely made up for the lack last week! Such breathtaking colors! What gorgeous skies to wake up to and what a way to begin the day -- any day! Hope you have a terrific weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Ashley Sisk said...

Those photos at dawn are amazing!

hannah said...

Before I read your text I said to myself:"Finally some reflections"
I've been trawling through endless pics of anything but.
Almost gave up until your thummnail enticed me.
Were you ticked off last week? I know mine is borderline, but at least reflects light.
Yours are reflections in spades! I love colour coming back at you.

Woody said...

Tranquil is my favorite, I like the reflection of the cloud lines.

It's kinda weird that it's this late in October and there's been no hard frost. Thankfully, we have some 'Einstein' plants too :-)

Phyllis said...

Hi Susan! Your photographs are beautiful. The first shot of the fall colors reflected in the river is just perfect to me. I enjoy seeing your photos of spots around town. It looks like such an idyllic place to live.

It is fun to have someone along with you when you are scouting places/thing to photograph and they start looking with you and sometimes see things that you didn't spot. And a Mom who sings while doing it is pretty special!

JM said...

All are wonderful but I'm in awe at the top shot. Fabulous!

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Stunning shots, love the color and tones in your captures.

Scrappy Grams said...

while the water reflections calm me, I love the Pizza one on the car.

seabluelee said...

Pizza by Alex? Ooh, you really were close by! I love all your reflections, and your reflecting on them. I think the two dawns might be my favorites of this set. Gorgeous color! Love Sunny Side of the Street, too...a reflection of a reflection.

James said...

First I'd like to say that it feels good in a strange way to know that I'm not the only reflection nut. :)I was picturing myself as I read this post. I love your reflections and can't wait to see more photos of colorful leaves and even ice and snow in the weeks to come. :)

from Sharon said...

You were a real photographer sleuth finding the pizza sign on the truck. I think that deserves an award of some kind...free pizza...anyone. That was super cool. Keep that one in a safe place!!! smiles: sharon

Ms. Becky said...

Susan, Susan. I'm having difficulty typing here, because I'm

LAUGHING SO HARD!!!!!!!

"ree-flec-tions". I think I love your mum. does she hum along with that too? just wondering. okay, I've settled down here. that was rough I tell you. love the first shot. I've been seeing quite a few autumn reflection shots but none even close to being this spectacular. there are some golds in the water that aren't apparent on the shore, I love that. you do love your pizza don't you? me too. nice shot too. there's a tranquil quality to every one of your photos. great reflections again - you've got the eye. oh, thanks for the belly laughs. you made my day.