Pages

Followers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Exploring Creatively

Linking with two of my favorite bloggers out there....Lisa at the Creative Exchange and Kat at Kat Eye Studio for Exploring With a Camera.  Two great memes to check out if they're not familiar to you. 





 
 
 
Kat's exploring topic this time is opposing lines.  I've been struggling a bit with this one.  Glancing through my past stacks the opposing lines weren't popping out at me.  I'm hoping the things I found in my travels might be on the right track.  One of the nice things about Lisa's Creative Exchange, whatever images move your heart are fodder for the week.  You can't lose with that.
 
Although I enjoy "city" images, I live in a rural area, so many of my normal everyday photos show that.  It's not that cities are that far away, but for my normal routine it's lobster boats, beaches, little side streets, and plants.  Last week however, I had to make a trip to Portland, so I snagged me a little quick 1 hour photo walk.  I like that.
 
Primary Escape
Primary Escape...opposing lines? Yes?
 
Window Fish
Window Fish
Maybe these?....it certainly struck me as a cool design for a store front window-plus some reflections.
 
Purple Dress
Purple Dress
I like finding different "things" that catch my eye as opposed to what I find around home.
 
Feet
Feet
Oh, I don't know...just kind of struck me.
 
Porteous BW
Porteous
I've had a black and white nudge lately.  Hmmmm. Wonder what that's about.  I remember my grandmother shopping here at Porteous....which my brother and I like to pronounce Port-ee-us.  Opposing lines?  Maybe.  Well if not, kind of cool shadows and such.
 
Being a Kid
Being a Kid
This little girl cracked me up....do you remember waiting on adults incessantly?
 
Unruffled
Unruffled
This guy didn't seem to even notice all these pigeons.
 
Double Parked
Double Parked
A couple of bikes out front of the local art store.
 
I guess that's about it for my trip to the city.  Thanks for taking a peek.... and have a great week.
 

14 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

You found some great captures - I really like the feet.

Tamar SB said...

These are stunning!! Love the birds flying off in their flock!!

lisa said...

Susan, you found some wonderful subjects to photograph! I especially love "Feet!" I think I would have a real hard time with opposing lines, but yours are great!!

Thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange.

Have a fantastic day!

lisa.

Susan said...

Great opposing lines find! I love your city shots as well.

Woody said...

I partial to 'unruffled' and 'purple dress'.

Francisca said...

The thing about coming to your blog, Susan, is I need to linger... savor... think... There is so much here. And not much I don't like. The escape stairs is exceptional, the POV, shadows, colors. The mural had me LOL. And I share your fascination for monochrome these days. Great post!

Cathy H. said...

What a fun time, taking a photo walk in the city! I'm like you, live out, but, not to far from the city and never seem to get there! Love your shots! The B&W ones intrique me; it can bring out such details!

Carol Blackburn said...

Glad you got to visit the city. Love the shots you got. Some beautiful weather we've been having to be out and about with camera in hand.

Rosie said...

What a great and cool collection of photos, Susan! I love them! And yes, there are opposing lines everywhere you put a question mark to ;-)

Nadege, said...

My world is fairly small too. I need to get out more and try to capture some images as good as you have with these.
Love them all.

LeAnne said...

Wonderful! All of them. You've inspired me to do something like this.

Lui said...

What wonderful shots!
I like the hidden stories behind it.

Tina´s PicStory said...

great shots! :)

Kat Sloma said...

Yes on the opposing lines Susan! Nicely done, love that first shot, lines going everywhere. It looks like a great hour of exploring with your camera - that's my kind of fun!