Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Scavenging with Red Wine

Linking with the wonderful Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Wouldn't miss it.





One of my fave activities on Sunday morning is pouring a nice big coffee and sitting down to put together my Sunday Scavenger post.  Today however, the morning got away from me, so this evening I've poured myself a nice big red wine instead.  This is a nice change, but if I stop making sense, you'll know why.

This week's topics were: Mainly One Color, Around the Home, Reflection, Writing, and Water.

Ajar
Ajar
Mainly One Color:  When I look at this again, it's sort of two colors.  Whoops.  I was seeing it as pink-ish tones.  A little "Harry Potter" closet, under the stairs.

Princess P 
Princess P
Around the Home:  Some of the most precious things around my home are my pets.

Checking the Screen
Checking the Screen
Reflection:  At the beach today, this couple was taking late day shots and comparing their results.  A sweet moment.

Car Wax
Car Wax
Writing:  Sometimes I don't know why I take photos.  Car wax?  It was sitting in the garage in nice sunlight....and it has writing on it.

Bittersweet 2
Bittersweet
Water:  Little droplets hanging from bittersweet by the side of the road.

Those are my takes for this week.  I don't think the red wine came into play anymore than the coffee does.  Time for a 2nd glass I guess.   Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to see my pics.

19 comments:

Andrea Dawn said...

Bittersweet is gorgeous and I really like the couple at the beach as well. I understand your wondering why you take some shots, but you just never know. It's all good learning and practice. Great set!

Kathy said...

Ah my friend, you had me at "red wine" :). I really like your reflection shot at the beach. But I LOVE bittersweet! I wish I had a big old bush of it in my yard so I could just go outside and snip off some branches for the house! Love the water droplets on it too...just beautiful. Enjoy your wine!

Kathy

Tamar SB said...

Love your reflection shot! These are stunning, Susan!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan....love the Bittersweet with the raindrops.

Shay said...

LOVE your little Harry Potter door, Princess of course and your water shot is just beautiful! Great job!

Brenda said...

Susan,
I will forgive your tardiness but you have to remember that there are those of us who are retired and thus have no real need to know what day of the week it is. I count on the appearance of your Sunday morning scavenger hunt post to let me know that it is actually the beginning of a new week. In the future, please hold up your end of this bargain.

That being said - your images were worth the wait, red wine and all. I love Ajar - a mysterious beckoning and gorgeous pinkish-tones. And the silhouetted couple of "Checking the Screen" - a great story.

gotmycamera said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Sunday evening...great photos blogs and a nice glass of red wine. Your shots this week are amazing.

dsblanchard said...

My favorite is the water droplets off bittersweet. I've tried to get a nice picture of mine like that. You have truly succeeded.

Thanks for stopping by my hunt!
Dawn

Woody said...

Mainly one color is really nice because the subject is very simple, yet is conveys the complexity of it's age (I had red wine too). They are all beautiful, but I'm with the bittersweet crowd.

Susan said...

Lovely finds. I love the latch on the door, and the sweet shared screen moment. I completely understand the wax picture, I find myself taking photos of the strangest things because the light is good! Beautiful bittersweet as well. Enjoy your wine, and have a wonderful week!

Robin said...

awesome photos...I especially love water. Great capture!

Christine E-E said...

i like your sense of humor & outlook on life! your photos are exceptional too!

Nadege, said...

I love all your shots in this series. The last one is my favorite.

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful reflection shot - I really like that.

Rosie said...

What a great collection, Susan - wonderful interpretations! Those water droplets are simply fantastic!

Tezzie said...

Oh, they're wonderful...what a great week! Beautiful lighting, perfect composition, and super sweet moments! My fave's gotta be your adorable Princess P. She looks so cuddly and content, resting her cute little feet in the sunshine <3

Ms. Becky said...

you wax your car??? maybe that's why my own is so rusted. nah, it's rusted because it's so old. but there's something I really love about that photo. I think it's the color combination, the shadows, and the word Mothers. and the soft folds of the cloth in the foreground. it's an excellent shot. And Ajar too. and Princess P. You have a wonderful talent for capturing intimacy with your camera. that's rare you know. Like in Checking the Screen. and she has her shoes off for the cry! must be a whole lot warmer there than here. but it's a sensual photo because of that - her feet in the wet sand and their two heads as one. and I haven't even had any wine here! great hunt again this week Susan. happy one to ya my friend.

Anita Johnson said...

I like this collection of photographs. I crack my self up sometimes when I download my photos...what was I thinking? I like capturing light, but sometimes the things I find it on are a bit odd too. The berries are beautiful!

Becky said...

Enjoying looking at your pics as the bird roasts in the oven and the cat snores in a patch of sun. I love knowing exactly where that "Harry Potter" door is!