Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Scavenger

Good Morning.....time to link with Ashley for Scavenger Hunt Sunday!! 





Love me that scavenger hunt, despite this week's list being a tricky one. 
Tricky list = creative interpretations. 
I'm all about off-beat interpretations to "make it work". 

Out hunting for: "Before and After, Opposing Lines, Custom Bokeh, Which Shoes Should I Wear?, and Little Features.  On to the pics.



Last weekend one of my friends asked me to take some shots of her daughter.  I normally don't do "portraits" and even with that knowledge they said-OK.  It was nice to have a willing model.  Great learning opportunity for me.  I did a little before and after with a few of the images that seemed to work.  I think this will make her mom happy.



At the Beach
At the Beach
Before and After:  I still have plenty to learn, but she made it really easy on me.  Look at that fabulous smile and those steely blues.  Don't you love it when they have no idea how pretty they are?  Serves them well down the line.

 
Across the Street
Across the Street
Opposing Lines:  This concept of opposing lines I've not quite been able to wrap my brain around. This cool reflection shot with lines going both horizontally and vertically must be in the ball park.  It's a start.


Oak Leaf Bokeh
Oak Leaf Bokeh
Custom Bokeh:  Jus' sayin'....I'm lucky to have any bokeh image, let alone "custom" bokeh.  I'll leave that fun to the crafty pros and for retirement days.  This bokeh is a bit hexagonal-I'm going with it.

Indeed
Indeed
Which Shoes Should I Wear?:  This is pretty much the response to any question you ask out loud at my house.  Living alone has its pros and cons.  Not sure if this is pro or con.  Thank you for your input Princess P.


Little Feet
Little Feet
Little Features:  No kids, no little features.  Ugly pigeons though.  His little foot kind of grosses me out, but it fits the prompt.  A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

Looking forward to seeing lots of different interpretations from this week's tricky list.  Thank you Ashley.  I've been among the missing in the blog-world of late, but never want to miss SHS.

20 comments:

Lauri said...

Wonderful shots, really enjoyed the last two. Happy Sunday.

Brooke said...

Susan - you crack me up! Your portrait turned out GREAT. The lighting is perfect!! I LOOOOOVE your take on lines. I knew you would KILL it for that prompt ;D
Have a great Sunday.

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great set - love the portrait...and your opposing lines shot is gorgeous.

Brenda said...

Susan,
You are so brave - to shoot a portrait (which turned out so well too).
And I agree - birds creep me out, not just their feet but their beady little eyes and sharp beaks. Eeeww!
Love the cat expression!

Francisca said...

This WAS a tricky set of prompts and you sailed through it, Susan. I can't even pick a favorite. I'd only say stop being shy about doing portraits; you've got it nailed. :-)

SarahinSC said...

Your kitty is super cute. Love that look, like, "I don't care. Stop asking me!" Also love your opposing lines shot.

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog!

Susan said...

I agree with you, I do my best never to miss the SHS challenge. I Love your great shadow picture with the pigeon’s little feet. It looks like you nailed the opposing lines shot as well.

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Susan, great shots, especially love that pigeon shadow, he looks so ominous..........

Tamar SB said...

Love your little features shot - so cool how you captured that little guy walking like that!

Clare B said...

Lovely portrait Susan. You seem to have captured her friendly personality very well. Even if you don't do portraits very often, they're good when you do.

Ms. Becky said...

i so admire your temerity in the scavenger hunt. i looked at the prompts and thought "how absurd" and moved on. but you make it look so easy...i really love the bird's foot. just because.
and i love your kitty shot too. but my fave this week is oak leaf bokeh. that's the prompt (CUSTOM) that brought the word absurd to the fore) for me but my golly my gosh look at what you did with it. i love that shot. happy day to you susan.

Shay said...

I LOVE your Bokeh...just sayin!
I never knew the Molly Grubbs went to other houses! LOL

Nadege, said...

I love all your shots. From the gorgeous portrait to the pigeon's little feet.

Cildemer said...

Great post and wonderful shots!
Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment;o)

***
Have a nice and happy week****

Woody said...

You done real good on the portraits, they are beautiful! I would really like to take a portrait class. Nice series, I like all your interpretations.

missing moments said...

Great shots ... love that kitty.

seabluelee said...

Great interpretations! Very nice portrait, great light and expression. For the record, I like birds...but I admit that pigeon looks rather monstrous in shadow - rather like some mutant chicken. Thanks for the laugh in the middle of my work day. It's a great capture, though!

Sara said...

Great set, love your opposing lines, the reflection really adds to it. Shoes and features made me laugh, great captures!

lisa said...

Susan, the photograph of your friend's daughter is GORGEOUS!! The way the light is falling on her face is truly so beautiful.

Cathy H. said...

Great intrepretations!! I love how you take a prompt and fly with it!! The portrait is beautiful. I would be thrilled if that were my daughter!!