Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for the post-Thanksgiving issue of Scavenger Hunt Sunday. 








I've had a delightful 4 day weekend with NO work!!  Well, there was work; work around the house, etc., etc., but no office.  How great does that feel?  Fantastic.  Best part of my Thanksgiving day was playing "getting hotter, getting colder" (complete with references to bathing suit weather or get out your mittens) with my 3 year old niece and 5 year old nephew.  It was like a scavenger hunt of a different kind.  Fun.

On to the real scavenger hunt where I was looking for:  Waiting, Foliage, Candid, Knife Fork or Spoon, and Rule of Thirds.



Rush Hour on the Bridge
Rush Hour on the Bridge
Waiting:  Cars aligned waiting for the traffic signal to change. 

Leaves at the Curb
Leaves at the Curb
Foliage:  I think foliage means still on the trees-oh well, our trees are D for done, but there are plenty of nasty old leaves on the ground.

Walk to Work
Walk to Work
Candid:  Early Black Friday morning.  This poor guy likely had a long day ahead.  I love corner windows where you can see through to the other side.  Even without Santa's helper, this is a fun shot to take....and it was a momentary quick grab when I saw the hat coming.

Start to Finish
Start to Finish
Knife, Fork, or Spoon:  Couldn't decide, so all three.  Breakfast before and after.  Great scramble.

Still Sleeping
Still Sleeping
Rule of Thirds:  This doesn't seem like a rule of thirds pic, but the yellow house falls in the right place as does the rooftop level and distance skyline.  I guess that's part of the reason it appeals. "Ain't that America, little pink houses....." you know? It's running through my head.  Hope I didn't "ear worm" you, the way I did myself.

That's it for my scavenger hunt.  Thanks for taking a peek at my images today.  Hope you had a chance for some fun this weekend too.


12 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

You nailed it this week - Love your light in these shots. Beautiful job.

Cottage Sisters said...

These are all wonderful.....love the yellow and blue houses.

martinealison said...

Merci pour l'ensemble de vos merveilleuses photos.
gros bisous

Kathy said...

YOu have a FANTASTIC collection this week!!!!! Love how you caught the bokeh's in the first photo...I hope to do that once I get aquainted more with James Dean! And I absolutely ADORE your "waiting" capture. The whole composition is just fantastic! What gorgeous corner windows, and that splash of a red hat, perfect! And I do love John Mellencamp and STILL call him Johnny Cougar :). Yep...showing my age again! HOpe you had a MARVELOUS Thanksgiving my friend :)

Kathy

Tezzie said...

Wow, my friend. Terrific week! My fave is 'Still Sleeping'...that lighting is breathtaking. But, the bokeh in your 'waiting' is also fabulous, as is your 'foliage' (great natural texture!).

Have another great week :)

Patrice said...

Fab fotos - love the Candid shot!

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Susan, I love all of these but especially the last one, rule of thirds. The light and the arrangement of the houses on a hill...a little slice of America. I had fun with the Scavenger Hunt and hope to continue.

Brenda said...

Susan,
Glad to hear you had some rest and relaxation time this weekend, including playtime with your niece and nephew.

Loved all your shots - the bokeh car lights; the frosty ex-foliage; breakfast-before and after; the yellow house, glowing in the early morning light and shadow. But my favorite is the corner window - you had me at "window" but add in the corner arrangement and the jolly Santa's helper and you have the makings of a great story. One of these days, I really WILL take a photo that includes a human being.

Ms. Becky said...

I'm happy happy happy that you caught a break from work these past couple of days and had some time to just breathe. and snap! I'm loving the first photo - I like night shots just like that. love Foliage too - they're so crispy looking and cool. like potato chips with petioles. candid is great too - I wouldn't mind work alongside that guy for the duration of the holiday season. I keep staring at your last photo - it's mesmerizing. it IS "ain't that America, home of the free". a typical working-class neighborhood on a sloping street. great shot with the frosty rooftops and all. you had a great hunt this week Susan. happy week to you my blogging buddy.

Nadege, said...

A superb collection for this week's prompts.

seabluelee said...

Susan, what a great set! Each time I think I've picked a favorite, I look at them again and change my mind. So many different subjects and viewpoints...you are very versatile!

BF said...

These are all great shots! I love your candid and waiting! Good interpretations.