Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Memories, Dreams and Reflections-2011

Linking with the fabulous Ashley Sisk over at Ramblings and Photos (if you don't know Ashley, you don't know nuttin') for a trip through the beauty of 2011, through my eye and images.  Such a fun project; thanks Ashley. 


It's a big list...25 images.  Hold on to your hat.


Camera Side View
Camera Side View
1.  Me:  Not ashamed to show my face, just kind of like this shot from the summer.  It feels warm.  I wonder why I didn't get out of my car.

Affection
Affection
2. I Love You:  I share my home with these two sweeties.  Nice to know they not only love me, but one another too.  I love them more than they know.

May May Family
May May Family
3. Still Laughing:  These are my friends.  We laugh A LOT when we're together.  Just looking at this picture makes me laugh again.  We have silly names too.  That's me, L'il Pearl, then Loweeen, Verna always sits up front on account she's the purtiest one with the best smile, then that's IErma in the back and on the far right is Eudora May.  Ain't such a flatterin' shot of Eudora, but maybe next time.

Backyard Storm
Backyard Storm
4.  Winter Wonderland.  Don't even get me started.  Last winter about killed me.  Today is January....I expect nastiness will arrive soon.

Big Brother
Big Brother
5.  Birthday:  My niece's 3rd birthday with big brother looking over her shoulder to "help" unwrap the gifts.

Wisdom {260/365}
Wisdom
6. Friends:  I love this moment I caught between inter-generational friends.  Isn't Grammy Stone the cutest?  She bakes the most awesome cookies too.

Umbrella
Umbrella
7.  I Was Inspired:  This should say "I am inspired".  I participate in a daily challenge group on Flickr. There are some amazing photographers/entries.  One of the participants is a master of silhouetted sun flare shots (amongst other things) and while capturing this shot-I thought of her.

Gift of Spring
Gift of Spring
8.  Spring Fever:  Spring often comes late to us here in Maine.  Makes me crazy.  When it finally does arrive it is a glorious thing.  This shot was taken in early May.  Glad I caught these pinks when I did.  A week later they were gone.

Covered Porch {304/365}
Covered Porch
9.  Travel or Vacation:  I am enormously overdue for vacation (last one was August 2009).  My family does have a cottage up the coast a bit and I did get a couple weekends there this summer.  A nearby Inn serves a fabulous breakfast and lets me see people who actually ARE on vacation.  Maine is "Vacationland"....I'm doing something wrong.

Sailboat
Sailboat
10.  Summer Days:  I love summer.  June 21st is my favorite day of the year.  On that longest day, I had my most favorite photowalk of 2011.  A gift to me.  I can still feel the air if I close my eyes; the late day and evening was amazing.  This sailboat was one of the treasures I found.

Office
Office
11.  A Day in My Life:  I wish it was something different I was showing as a typical day.  Sadly, this is where I spend most of my time.  At least my name is on the sign...that helps, a little.

Donna
Donna
12.  All Smiles:  Isn't this a wonderful smile?  I've yet to figure out if it's me getting more confident in taking people's photos, or if people, having seen some of my photos are more comfortable letting me take their photo.  Maybe it's both.  Donna didn't hesitate at all....this is now her FB profile shot.  Guess she likes it.

Between Seasons {sh 12}
Between Seasons
13.  Autumn Harvest:  Shhhhh! We haven't had snow yet.  Shhhhh.  Except for this one morning in October-which was early, even for Maine.  Shhhhh.   It would be OK with me if that were it for the season.  Shhhhh.  Don't want to jinx things.

Finished Shoveling
Finished Shoveling
14.   Family or Home:  I really am tempting the fates.  This is my little home, last January.  Shhhhh.


Sparkler {sh 38}
Sparkler
15.  Celebrate!:  This was the extent of my fireworks in 2011.  I need to step it up in 2012.

Outside Macys
Outside Macy's
16.  Let's Do it Again:  This year on my birthday, I took myself to Boston for the day to shoot photos.  I had a great time.  I definitely want to do it again, and I don't intend to wait until my birthday to do so.

Memorial Bridge
Memorial Bridge
17.  I Miss You:  I know a bridge is a crazy thing to miss....but, this one has been closed and will be eventually replaced.  Honestly, it inspires me each time I see it.  I caught this late day light on it from a close angle this summer.

O'er the Plains
O'er the Plains
18.  Beautiful:  This sunset was one of my favorites that I caught this year.  I find the scene truly beautiful...the vapor trail makes it.

Jeans {sh 98}
Jeans
19.  Dress Up:  I hate dressing up, so much so, I don't think I have any "dress up" clothes anymore.  What can I say?  I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.

Little White Pills {189/365}
Little White Pills
20.  Macro:  I like macro shots-so many people take beautiful flower shots that sort of blow my mind.  Awhile ago I realized that as much as I appreciate them, for now, I am content without a macro lens.  Perhaps it's something I can get in to later.  Here's a close up of some meds I had.

Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve
21.  Holidays:  I think I prefer Christmas Eve to Christmas day.  I think it's just like enjoying Friday more so than Saturday.  Anticipation of something good.  I think that's it.  I think too much.

Diagonal Daisies
Diagonal Daisies
22.  My Favorite:  This past year I fell in love with daisies.  Last year it was peonies and rosa rugosa.  I don't know why the change or what will be the inspirational flower in 2012, but the daisy was tops in my heart this past summer.  From a day when I became super inspired upon finding a huge patch of wild daisies near the ocean.

Pick Me Up {244/365}
Pick Me Up

Romp {151/365}
Romp
23.  Don't Ever Change:  Sadly they do...our precious pets...and too quickly.  They wander into our hearts quickly, fill our lives with happiness, and then exit leaving our hearts broken.  And then we do it all over again.  For right now-I'm going to wish these two never change.

Dryer Vent
Dryer Vent
24.  Just Because....So There!  It was 7 a.m., I was standing on a sidewalk in Portland when all of sudden someone turned on their dryer.  The steam caught in the sun sort of blew my mind, but I'm afraid no one else might appreciate it-it was amazing.  So, just because....so there!

Early Wake Up
Early Wake Up
25.  Hopes and Dreams:  My hopes and dreams are still unclear.  What is clear is that I need a fresh start, a new beginning.  My hope and dream is that I figure out how to make that happen in 2012.  It is not a resolution, but simply a hope and a dream.

Thanks for taking a look at my long list of images from 2011.....now bring on the New Year!!

15 comments:

Barbara said...

What a fab retrospective. I love that 'Friends' shot, and the 'Summer Days' boat shot. And I really love the ones of your pets - gorgeous! Have a wonderful 2012 x

Tamar SB said...

What a great year in review, Susan! Love that shot from downtown Boston and your little house is so adorable, love the blue!

justine said...

these are fantastic, I love your animals, wish all ours could meet! the clarity of your shots always astounds me! thanks for your lovely comment by the way.

Jamie said...

Seeing this many of your photos altogether is amazing - you have an incredible eye and take amazing photos - the kind that have me wanting to move to your part of the world even though I'm sure I'd hate the weather.

Kathy said...

Terrific job! Your capture of your dog and kitty melts my heart. Pure contentment and love.....bravo.

Kathy

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Susan,
I love this view of your world, so many wonderful images. The ones that touch my heart are of your dog and cat..and I agree with how they steal our hearts and then suddenly leave. Thanks for sharing these!

Rose said...

Beautiful collection of photos! Each one captures the moment in its own way. I especially love the seasonal shots.

Happy New Year Susan! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos in 2012.

Brenda said...

Loved seeing your year in pictures - those things that tugged at your heart and your eye. I hope that we will share this same retrospective together in 2013. And that the year will have brought you to the place of your dreams.

Susan said...

Such a great collection Susan! I love all of these, as well as the peek into your life over the past year! I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with in 2012.

henzy said...

Great photographs. I love the one of the jeans.. and the inter generational friends. Happy New Year

Ashley Sisk said...

You captured so many incredible shots - it really does look like you had a wonderful year. I hope 2012 is even better!

Brooke said...

You take AMAZING photos, my Friend! Happy New Year ;D

Nadege, said...

Wonderful series of photographs...fabulous memories of 2011.

Francisca said...

Hello, friend... I am so glad I came back to see this amazing (and brave) special post of yours. I had so many thoughts as I read yours... can't even recall them all, but dang, I relate. I won't comment on the photos, you know they are all stellar... but I must say smiles are always good for me!

I am a big laugher (it's not a word, and I wonder why not?)... I laugh loud and often... and savor the sound of others' laughter. How does that work for you? Is it about the sparkles in the eyes? I've always believed that an authentic smile or laugh can not hide evil thoughts.

I like your eagerness to learn, your searching eye, your authentic wit.

Like you, I have a macro lens on my wish list. This year I fell in love with the tulip. Last year is was the hibiscus.

And mostly what I relate to is your need for a fresh start. A few months ago I plunged yet again into the what-do-I-want-to-be-when-I-grow-up blues. For me it's a matter of matching an opportunity with a passion. And my hope for 2012 is that the right opportunity will appear for me to sink my passion into.

(Hope this was not TMI, Susan.)

I do wish you a beautiful year ahead, and quoting Neil Gaiman, I hope that somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself. Happy shooting and sharing.

smiles, Sharon said...

Glad I didn't miss this posting....cut it pretty close since I stopped hopping around blogs for several weeks. Can't see much with our eyes closed, right? I love seeing your friends, where you live, your buried cozy home, all that surrounds you...right to jeans and pills.
You are getting might fancy with your macro shots.

Gosh next year you will have to post 50!!! You won't be able to choose. I love love love Maine....only been there as a vacationer, on several occasions, inland and shoreside....we nearly moved there, but job fell through. Always sad about that. But here in NC in January, I guess I am glad I am not freezing in Maine, I am too much of a wimp !!!! Don't let your camera freeze....smiles: sharon