Pages

Followers

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Scavenger Du Jour

Linking with Ashley Sisk for the week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Yee-haw.  Always a fave link of mine. 






Okay....I never do this, not that's it's illegal or anything, but I'm writing my Sunday Scavenger on Saturday night.  I know.  Scandalous.  Shhhhh. 

I imagine most people don't give it a thought, but my normal routine is to wake up Sunday morning, have a lovely breakfast, get a big pot of coffee going....and write up my Scavenger post.  It's like going to church only more fun.  BUT tomorrow I'm meeting a blogger friend for a photo walk so I'm "gettin' 'er done" tonight instead.  Best of both worlds and a trip out with Lee followed by breakfast will definitely be worth rolling out of bed a smidge early for tomorrow.

This week's list included: Portrait, Nostalgic, Time, Full of Light, and Motion


Myles
Myles
Portrait:  This is Myles.  He was rescued by my dear friend Annie last week.  Today she stopped by so I could meet him.  He's adorable, sweet, happy, fun and a little curled up couch potato in the house.  I can't wait to share the pics I snapped with Annie.....she'll love them.  And let me just say, Myles is one lucky boy.  Annie is like the best dog owner ever.  Sounds like these two were made for each other.

Symmetry
Symmetry
Nostalgic:  Not loving my interpretation on this topic, but I like the photo.  Great to see old buildings being renewed and well-used by owners who respect the "nostalgic" beauty.

Worth Getting Up Early
Worth Getting Up Early
Time:  Tula Dot.  Some mornings Tula and the cat double team me to make sure I get up early.  Wednesday was one of those mornings.  5:15 a.m. is NOT a good time to wake up the person in charge of food distribution.  BUT I did get some fabulous morning images and this is Tula's way of saying "told you so!"

Tree Line
Tree Line
Full of Light:  Tula says "told you so" again on this one.  Thanks to my rowdy pets I was up and out to capture this early morning golden view.

Night Blur
Night Blur
Motion:  I like this photo.  I have no idea if it's good or not, but I like it.  Panning is something I could work on to increase skills, but I like this image filled with motion and color against empty motionless streets.

And that's it for this week's pics.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hopefully I'll find some great shots tomorrow morning.  Have a great day.

24 comments:

lisa said...

These are beautiful Susan, and Myles is just gorgeous!
Happy Sunday to you.

Kathy said...

Totally lovin' your "motion" capture. I'm no expert BUT...I think it's good :). Enjoy your photo walk tomorrow, I"m totally envious!

Kathy

Nadege, said...

The motion shot is fantastic, love the golden light on Tula and Myles is so cute.

Tamar SB said...

Love your portrait! He is just so adorable and photogenic! And your full of light is amazing!!

Saun said...

Great job on the motion shot. I tried that and couldn't get it to work right.

Carol Blackburn said...

Tula is a smart dog! I especially love the brick archway and window. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Love this set of images. And I have a real appreciation for the relationship your rowdy animals have with you in the early AM.

Ashley Sisk said...

You nailed it - I am loving your use of light - absolutely gorgeous in every one of these shots.

Yvonne said...

Love your portrait shot! What a sweet pup :)

Kelly said...

Miles is adorable...great lighting and strong colors. Love the comp.

Ms. Becky said...

awwwkkk! I love Myles! I have a number two favorite doggie now, after Tula Dot of course. that's a marvelous shot. I really like the shadows in Symmetry. And you've captured Tula's patience so beautifully in that great light. I think my fave today is Tree Line - the perspective and bare trees (I love bare trees, don't you know!. I like Night Blur for the colors and city lights. that's a fave too. great hunt this week Susan. hope you have a really happy week.

Kat Sloma said...

What gorgeous morning light! I love the motion blur too. :)

Nukke said...

I love your portrait and time photos !!!! Have a nice week !!

Brenda said...

The early bird gets the worm but in your case, its the gorgeous morning light. I too greatly admire the re-purposing of old building - such character and history. And I think your experiment with panning went quite well. Love the feeling of motion and speed.

seabluelee said...

Myles - wow! That really is a great shot! He's a beautiful dog. I love that raking side light bringing out the texture of the brick in Symmetry, and Tula does look terrific in that morning light. She's just showing off, posing like that.

It was great fun this morning! Downloaded my pics and as predicted am less than thrilled. They'll probably look a lot better to me by mid-week. :-)

Woody said...

I think symmetry is awesome!

Anita Johnson said...

Another great set...Myles has a beautiful face...

EG Wow said...

I love your collection! And I promise I won't tell that you put it together the night before. :)

gotmycamera said...

Wonderful collection. Lucky myles....cant wait to see more of him....

Brooke said...

Another great set Susan. I loved each and every one of them.... especially Nostalgia! I hope you had a lovely photo walk :D

RainCityGirl said...

I love these images! The early wake up/ double team thing happens are our house too. Once bellies are full, it's back to sleep for them. Ha!

missing moments said...

All beautiful shots but so love that last one! So glad no one to wake me early although it would help get me out to grab that early morning light.

Mira said...

These are all really nice but my favorite one is the Symmetry. I love it!

BF said...

All of these shots are really good, I like the interpretation, and subjects!