Pages

Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Shoot, Edit, Submit







Linking with Shoot Edit Submit for the first time.  I'm trying to make a commitment to upping my editing skills.  This may be a good impetus to do so.  So might continuing to the 2nd level of the digital imaging course at the local community college.  I sweated all the way through the first one, spending 8-10 hours on assignments the fresh out of HS kiddos whipped through in an hour, but perhaps I'm ready for that challenge again.  I hear the instructor is wonderful and inspiring-and that's definitely worth the quite reasonable $375 tuition.  Hmmmm.

Onward.  I hope I'm not miss understanding any of the rules for this linky.  Take a pic during the week, edit it and post.  I didn't see any other special rules.  Let me know if I screwed up.



Mansard Roof
Mansard Roof

The last of Christmas Eve's daytime light was gleaming on this turret atop a beautifully restored building. I pulled over and grabbed a few snaps before heading to my early evening get-together.




I noticed pretty slim pickings for images from the past week.  I gotta get out there and shoot to have some better variety.  Have a great week and certainly a Happy New Year.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Haha...it ALWAYS helps to have a 14 year old around the house to help me with my "editing" skills. I force her to emerge from behind her cell phone to show me how to do something that I've been struggling with for hours! She just rolls her eyes and "does it" in about 2 minutes! Kills me everytime :)

Kathy

Brenda said...

Susan - good for you to start pushing your editing skills! I hope you will take the class - I took all my coursework at the local community college and haven't regretted it one bit - it opened up a whole new world for me. Love your roof - the editing is perfect!

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Nice, Happy New Year.

gina said...

Beautiful image, beautiful light! Enjoy your new class and don't be intimidated by the kids. Happy New Year!

Nadege, said...

Wonderful work. I love the way you have framed this shot.
Enjoy the new class.

Indie.Tea said...

Happy New Year to you too.

Tamar SB said...

The lighting on this is stunning, Susan!!

Have a marvelous new year!

JM said...

I love this shot. It must be a wonderful wooden house. Best wishes for 2012!