Pages

Followers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Scavenger

Linking with the fabulous and generous Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  If you're not scavenging, you're missing the fun.  If you are, you know what I'm talking about. 





Yay.  Sunday.  Yay, posting my Scavenger shots, she says with a little smile.  I totally don't get why I like this so much, but I do.  Go figure.

This week's list:  What is It?, Children/Fur Babies Sleeping, Joy, Window, Half....onward.


Shutter Latch
Shutter Latch
What is It?  I don't know if I'm supposed to tell or not, but my title gives it away.  I think perhaps without it, I might not even know what it is, forget anyone else.  This image portrays what I like to say....I'll shoot just about anything if it's in beautiful light.  Cool shadow-that's a bonus.

Tough Job {152/365}
Tough Job
Fur Baby Sleeping:  Yes, coming back as a cat in my next life.

Laughter
Laughter
Joy:  Not only is this a joyful photo, but my friends and the laughter we share, bring me much joy.


Shop Door
Shop Door
Window:  Is it wrong that I keep taking selfies in windows?


Cookies
Cookies
Half:  In celebration of the final class of Art Appreciation, our fab teacher brought in cookies and coffee.  We called the class "Cookies, Coffee and Culture" and the order of those words was definitely intentional.

Happy weekend to you.  Thank you for stopping by.  The remainder of my day will be spent doing a load of laundry or two and watching football.  That's a good day.

18 comments:

Kathy said...

Ahhhhh, love your sleeping furbaby! I like how you can just see one eye since he/she is so nuzzled down...puuuuuurfect, haha (sorry, couldn't resist!). And your "Joy" shot makes me smile too. Happy holidays my friend :)

Kathy

Deanna said...

Great set, love the joy shot, isn't it great to have good friends to enjoy. Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Katie said...

I always take selfies in windows! Sometimes I even take pictures of my boyfriend and I in windows! Have a great week!

Brenda said...

Another great set of images! Love the latch and its companion shadow - and of course, the golden light.

martinealison said...

Que du bonheur...
gros bisous

Tamar SB said...

Those cookies look so good! Love your selfie too! Great set this week Susan!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Love you cat photo. I should have kept score as to how many SHS posts included our cats sleeping.

Lori said...

No it's not wrong to take selfies, I need to more often.

Love your sleeping baby and Joy!

Lori

Anne U said...

Great cookies, I took a selfie in the window too this week.

Patrice said...

Great shots - pass the cookies, please!

Rose said...

Love all the shots.I think the window latch is my favorite, but you have a wonderful way of capturing people too; truly a joyful moment among friends.

Happy Holidays to you Susan! :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Love your joy shot - very happy!

Woody said...

Sadly, it's doubtful that many people know that shutters used to latch and more importantly, why.

What a great collection, you friends smile is splendid.

No one is allowed to question a photographers selfie. After all, we're always behind the shutter!

Ms. Becky said...

I have a new favorite of your selfies. that is the BEST one so far. I love it. your Princess P is so sweet. Nap time for the kitty is just the best, no? great series for the hunt - all of them. You do capture light better than anyone I know. I want that selfie though. Hey, I hope your Pats did better than my Pack. they lost today, ending their 19-game winning streak. oh well...
Happy Sunday evening to you.

Brooke said...

OH yay! I look forward to seeing what you come up with every week. This one didn't dissapoint. Your joy shot is lovely. The kitty sleeping is perfection. And I love your shutter latch - who knew?!?! ;D

Kay L. Davies said...

I tend to spend my weekends avoiding football, not always possible because I married a referee.
I love the sleeping cat. I would have a zillion photos of our dog sleeping but she can sense cameras even when snoring her loudest. Red-eye-dog photos are very unlovely.
Don't apologize for your selfies. Your fans love 'em, we really do.
K

Buckeroomama said...

Your fur baby is so cute! I love its color. And your cookies look so yummy. All I want is to just eat cookies now... after all the baking. :)

Francisca said...

Wrong? With so many many many things so very wrong in our world, your (or anyone's) selfies just don't even get a PS on the list. Clever? Amusing? Sharing? Yeaaaah! Keep 'em coming. Maybe we start a SELFIE project, around some theme, develop a story, publish a book... Yes? No?

Another stellar hunt. I'm going down to get a cookie now... :-)