Pages

Followers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James for Weekend Reflections....check in if you're interested in seeing reflections from all over the world.


This weekend I'm reflecting that I finally have a 2 day weekend coming up.  I shouldn't jinx myself....I'm hoping not to have any last minute real estate calls today.  I'm also reflecting that I've completed my wonderful but very work heavy art appreciation class today.  Loved it, but happy to give up the research.

Between work and my final project I did snap a few reflections this week.  Get 'em while you can.  That's my motto.

River Bank BW
River Bank
Although we've had no snow (yippee) as of yet, we're looking pretty barren and brown and the light disappears from the sky by about 4 p.m.  My least favorite time of year.  I try to catch photos in passing while I can, like this late day grab of trees and sky reflected on the river near my office.


Arch
Arch
A cart path bridge at the local golf course.  Great place for a morning run with your dog when it's not golf season.

Mill by the Falls at Dusk
Mill by the Falls at Dusk
Across the river from the trees stands this mill building that houses restaurants, bank, barbershop, and office spaces.  Made for a wonderful reflection opportunity.

Round Upside Down
Round Upside Down
Round reflections are so much fun.  This ornament was in an outdoor display of lights, white fake boughs and the silver mirror like balls.  I never mind doing a silly selfie.

That's my quick version of this week's reflections.  Now to finish work and take it easy for a couple days.  Hope you have a great weekend planned too.

20 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What lovely reflections for the day, Susan! I particularly love the last one! Wonderful! Hope you enjoy your weekend -- sounds as though you've been really busy! Thanks as always for your visit/comment! Much appreciated!

Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

I love your reflections this week, Susan, especially as we're light-challenged at this time of year. The stone bridge at the golf course is beautiful, and who would have thought an old mill building would be so lovely reflected in the water? It's great! And I like your silver-ball selfie. I haven't the courage to do selfies. I don't even like to use Skype because I don't want anyone to see me. LOL
All the best,
K

Woody said...

I hope you get some extra time off!

Love, love, love the mill. Something about those buildings just dominates my attention.

This early sunset is a drag. I was reading that a photographer needs to be comfortable being a subject, so maybe this is the time of year for selfie's

Lesley said...

The mill is beautiful in this light. I really like that small bridge, too. So cute.

Emille said...

The reflection of the cart bridge is such a lovely bright detail! Beautiful lights in the Mills photo:) Yes, enjoy the weekend!

Brenda said...

Susan - Glad to hear that you have a two-day weekend in store - enjoy!
Love the composition of "River Bank" with the strong diagonal leading line drawing us into the image. The stonework of the arch - one of my favorite architectural features. The glowing golden glow of the windows of the Mill - stunning. And then there is that shiny silver selfie - love the way the ornament is nestled amongst the white branches. Another wonderful week of reflections!

Gemma Wiseman said...

The little bridge reflection is so romantic and the mill building reflection of light is quite grand! But love the beautiful magic in the last photo!

Tamar SB said...

These are just gorgeous, Susan! Enjoy your two day weekend!

Tezzie said...

Some seriously amazing refection photos! ...hard to believe they were taken "just in passing...during your least favourite season". You've got the gift of the eye, my friend!

Kim, USA said...

Your photos are beautiful. And my favorite is the last one. ^_^ Happy weekend and thanks for the visit!

Reflection

James said...

I'm always amazed by your creativity and talent. Excellent reflections as always! :)

CameraCruise said...

Gorgeous shots!
Love the last one.
Have a great weekend.

seabluelee said...

Susan, I like all of these but I really love the last one. That's brilliant! Have a GREAT weekend!!

Valerie said...

I really like the cart bridge shot (perhaps my having been a golfer for many years "rang some bells"!)
Great collection of images. Happy weekend.

Kathy said...

You always capture such amazing reflections and this week is no exception. Gorgeous!

Kathy

Kat Sloma said...

Lovely! I especially love the first B&W one.

Anita Johnson said...

And I love the last one...not really B/W, but very dramatic. I never thought I'd like a white tree until now.

Lorac said...

What great finds! Love the cart bridge reflection.

Ms. Becky said...

ooh la la, that first one soars. it's got mood! how blessed are you that you get to work in an office located near a river. yeah, office = box, but river = flowing energy and opportunity for great captures. your reflections shots are always studied and thoughtful and you take the best dusk shots of anyone I know. The mill building is a great capture. I'm in agreement, round reflections are a blast, and this one is very cool with the bare tree right behind you. good job. glad you're able to catch your breath for a spell. happy day to you my friend. we'll be in touch. I think of you always.

Francisca said...

I'm tempted to link your little arch with Sunday Bridges, except it's a tad too late... :-) You and Ms Becky are a laugh riot with the selfies... and you've seen I've gotten on that band wagon too (hope you don't mind). Marvelous selfie with the naked tree in the silver glass ornament tucked into the white tree.