Pages

Followers

Friday, December 23, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James on this Friday right before Christmas for Weekend Reflections.


Last week I stopped along Main Street to do some photographic "window shopping".  All those large windows are such fun to play with, especially in the later light-which seems to be around 2:45.  As my little niece and nephew count down the days until Santa....I count the days until the light starts to turn toward longer days.  It's a slow climb out of the dark, but as my father likes to say "we're on the right side of summer!"  He's incredibly optimistic and positive.  Bless him.

Here are some of my store front captures.

Perfectos
Perfectos
Love their coffee, and their giant windows.

Main Street
Main Street
So much going on here, but I like the way the window lights seem to frame the traffic.  And yes, that is Santa on the far left holding a candle....he really isn't taller than the buildings across the street.

Lookin' Good
Lookin' Good
I never thought myself narcissistic.....might have to think about that again.  Notice that glove tucked under the right arm ready and waiting.  For longer photo walks, those hand warmer things are NOT over-rated.

Across the Street
Across the Street
This is an "oldie" from November.  Caught this across from a graffiti park.  This time I hid myself on that pillar between the windows.  Maybe I'm not a narcissist after all.

Wishing all my reflection loving friends the happiest of holidays. 
And many thanks to James for this wonderful meme.

14 comments:

Kathy said...

I really like that first shot, the angle, the reverse side of the flag...so interesting to look at. Merry Christmas my friend!

Kathy

Sylvia K said...

I always love your reflections/captures, Susan! I really like the last capture, it's different and very colorful! I wouldn't worry about being a narcissist -- I think it's fun to see how we capture ourselves from time to time! I do hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Susan said...

You always manage to capture such interesting shots! Hope you have a wonderful (and warm) holiday weekend!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love how the first shot is filled with reflection! Beautiful colours! And the self portrait is so cute!

May you have a wonderful Christmas!

Tamar SB said...

These are so lovely! Love the lighting you captured! I too love selfies in widows!

Woody said...

I like the way your dad thinks!! Your reflections are great, a good, strong cup of coffee sounds good right about now.

Search REI's website for "convertible mittens", which are hybrid glove/mitten with no fingertips in the gloves. You can quickly expose get only the tips of the fingers you need while everybody else stays toasty and they're on ~$20 :-)

Kay L. Davies said...

No, you're not a narcissist. If you were, you'd be in all your photos.
Wishing you health and happiness now and in the coming year.
K

martinealison said...

Joyeux Noël... gros bisous.

urban muser said...

love the reflection of you! happy holidays.

Carol Blackburn said...

Reflection.....hmmmm! Much reflection going as as this year draws to a close with hopes for a brighter 2012. Wishing you a most wonderful Christmas and bright New Year.

seabluelee said...

Hi, Neighbor! Nice series of window reflections. I particularly like the one of you - that golden side lighting is beautiful! Happy Holidays, Susan, and a bright New Year.

Kat Sloma said...

Merry Christmas Susan! Lovely reflections.

Brenda said...

Susan,
I trust you were able to create the right kind of holiday that was meaningful to you. As always, I love your reflections, especially the graffiti shot - even though you hid yourself - the way the vertical blinds interact with the colors and shapes of the graffiti is quite engaging. And you need to get a pair of those fingerless mittens - this way I only have to expose my shutter finger to the elements. Happy New Year!

James said...

Great looking reflections! I don't have to wear gloves anymore but when I did I used lowepro photography gloves and they work pretty well. If it's really cold you can wear them under your other gloves and not freeze too much when you take pictures.