Pages

Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Made with Love

Linking with Project 52 for this week's topic "Made with Love"

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com



Thanks Ken
Thanks Ken


I belong to a friendly Flickr group that poses topics daily; members fulfill the prompt and share comments.  Awhile ago one member from the UK posted his image for the day that included a photo of his name "Ken" carved in wood.  I admired it and said something like "gee I'd like to have my name in wood".....next thing I know he contacts me and says he's happy to make me one if I'd like.  Isn't that sweet?

Well, there was some going back and forth about time frame, and shipping costs, etc. but the other evening it finally arrived.  I wanted to get some snaps of it right away so he could see it had made it "to the states".  Although it's not a fantastic photo, I felt his kind gesture and efforts were the perfect match for "made with love".


Me
Me

Then I decided to play with the auto timer on my camera for a selfie a la Christy at Urban Muser.  I look rather forlorn in this photo, but it's mostly about me hanging over the kitchen counter trying to get somewhat in focus before the 10 sec window passed.  Can you say "get your butt to the camera store for one of those remote thingys?"

Have a great day.....made with love.

In The Picture

13 comments:

Susan said...

Great name... :) I am newer to the blogging world, but I am learning to love the feeling of community you get from blogging (and flickr)! That was so incredibly sweet of him to send that to you!

martinealison said...

Un nom réussi ...
Gros bisous

Laloofah said...

What a lovely prompt and what a sweet and generous thing for Ken to do! He did a great job. Are you going to put your fun carved name on your desk at work?

Carol Blackburn said...

You have been imortalized in wood.....sweet!

Tamar SB said...

What a stunning piece that was clearly made with love!

Foursons said...

What a cool story behind your shot! I love both of your pictures this week. I got a self timer at Christmas but have yet to figure it out.

Woody said...

A nice idea for a photo, I think your expression looks more 'deep thought' than forlorn.

You might want to research remotes a bit. Wired are inexpensive, but have limited range. Some of the wireless are triggered by infrared, which needs line of sight from the remote to the camera. The RF wireless can be 'hidden' in a pocket or behind your back. I've had both, I prefer the RF. Can you tell I'm a gadget freak?

Kathy said...

DEFINETLY qualifies for "made with love"...great meaning behind the photo.

Kathy

seabluelee said...

Loved both of your selfies...and the carved name! How nice to have that specially made for you.

Ruth said...

Love, love, love :)

Deborah L. Tisch said...

What a nice gift! Great selfie, too.

Linda said...

I love the wood carving, and your story about how you received it. Plus, the photo of you with the "thumbs up" is a great "no words" shot!

Susan said...

Love it!