Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mural Monday

Well, there's no linky for Mural Monday, but my friend Francisca over at View Thru my Global Lens has been pretending there's one and making Mural Monday a habit, so I thought I'd pretend too.  My love for all things street art, graffiti, and mural-esque makes this something I could get used to.  Something about a building, brick, or concrete as canvas and the colorful spontaneity of it all keeps appealing to me.


update:     ***turns out oakland daily photo has just started hosting a linky today for the first time, but a glitch is keeping me from linking.  I'll try later, but maybe by next week I'll have a place to hang my stuff for real.  very cool.****  If you also like murals and street art, you might want to jot it down for fun.


Here are a few things I've found lately.

Blueprint
Blueprint

Is this not the most clever thing ever?  I believe it's on the side of an architect company's building.  Way cool I say.

So Much to Say
So Much to Say

On the other end of the spectrum.....a doorway covered ground to top with micro graffiti and slaps.  I find it fascinating.....not perhaps pretty, but fascinating all the same.

Head Inspiration
Head Inspiration

Here's block style throw up I found under an overpass late this summer.....colorful, but watch your step in the puddles.


And that's my contribution to the non-existent, but could exist Mural Monday.  Thanks for taking a peek.

17 comments:

Francisca said...

Fabulous, Susan! That blueprint painted on the side of that attractive architect's building is a winner! Please do go link up with the brand new Monday Mural linky. :-)

Linda said...

Graffiti as an art form...I have seen some where I live, but not a lot. We have bridge and road crews who go around sandblasting the offerings pretty quickly...they can be very interesting, but I loved your description of them! The architect's building on the other hand, marvelous! Great shots all the way around!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

That first shot is too cool -- perfect! :) Have a great week, dear!

justine said...

what a brilliant idea, these are great and funny how I pass graffitti all the time here and don't really think of it as art but all your pictures look so great. I really like that first shot.

Kathy said...

I am always drawn to graffitti...truly an artform in my opinion.

Kathy

Francisca said...

I REALLY REALLY hope you won't be angry with me, but I linked this post to Monday Murals over at Oakland Daily.

Linnea said...

Now that's the coolest mural I've ever seen on a building!

Brenda said...

Susan - I like this non-existent Mural Monday. That "Blueprint" mural is so freaking creative - I love when people do things for no reason other than to be imaginative and engaging. I would hire that firm just because of the mural.

Susan said...

WOW, I LOVE that blueprint building! Very cool indeed!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Welcome to the now existing Monday Murals. This blueprint is fabulous. Love trompe l'oeil.

Francisca, Andy, and VioletSky deserve credit for starting an informal meme and shaming me into venturing into Linky World. Glad to have you on board. And hope to see more of your photos.

Woody said...

The blueprint is very inventive. Talk about a slope to the parking lot!

I do so like graffiti!!

VioletSky-Sightlines said...

LOVE the blueprint mural. And I'm glad you joined us - this is so much more fun with so many more people!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Fascinating photos! That first one suggests that the art is moving right out into the reality of the street! So very clever and creative!

Andy said...

The blueprint is on my list of murals to photograph. I hope to visit Portland this summer.

Carol Blackburn said...

Those were cool, Susan, especially "blueprint." Enjoy your day!

Lochinver Daily Photo said...

The Architects buiding is very nice.

Jim said...

Very cool.