Pages

Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Scavange Baby

Linking with Ashley for this week's installment of Scavenger Hunt Sunday....boo-yah.  Thank you Ashley.  Where as all are more than welcome at this linky, if you've been sitting on the sidelines wondering if you should, well then-you should.  Simple as that.














Yah.  Snow, snow, and more snow.  Hanging on to my sanity by fingers and toes.
Was supposed to go on a photowalk this morning, so I got my Scavenger all ready on Saturday, but despite the sun, too cold.  Sad I'm missing it, glad I'm toasty and able to do the lazy Sunday morning routine.


This week's topics were:  Sunset, Black and White. A Day in my Life, Four, and Colorful.    Onward.....




Back Door Sunset
Back Door Sunset
Sunset:  I can't believe I didn't have even 1 sunset photo from this past week.  Here's a pretty one from earlier this month that I hadn't had a chance to share.  While I love a pretty sunset, there's something about them that makes me melancholy.


Sun Worship BW
Sun Worship {3/52}
Black and White:  I love this photo of "Princess P".  She is just drinking in the warm sunshine.  My pets continually bring me, more than anything else, the greatest joy.


Hands and Feet to Yourself {sh 75}
Hands and Feet to Yourself
A Day in my Life:  I don't hang out on the couch ALL the time, but when it's finally time to relax, it is the place of choice.  I feel no shame in confessing to "couch potato" status when possible.

I am participating with Urban Muser in a year long selfie project-this image was a little experiment I kind of liked.  I don't think it's too late to jump on board with as big or little commitment as you'd like to make.  I'm finding it fun.

Snowfall
Snowfall
Four:  It was suggested we put four related photos together for this.  Mid-week I awoke to the sound of the plow guy clearing my driveway.  It had snowed over night-and stopped by sunrise.  I took a walk around the block with the dog, and snapped some images.  All right, I'll fess up-it's pretty.


In the Summer
In the Summer
Colorful:  You know what I did?  I was so grrrrrrr on winter, I went back to my August files and found a cheerful warm looking photo that I hadn't processed and worked on it.  Only 7 months 'til these beauties will be lining my back deck again.


It's been a pleasure scavenging along today.  Thanks for your visit.  Hope you have a great day.

22 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful work - love the kitty sun worshiping!

Brooke said...

Susan! Your sunset reflection is so creative!! Loved that one and ohhhhh your snow shots are amazing. I'm having a hard time getting the snow captures! Love you pop of color. A lovely sight with this blah weather!
Happy Sunday to you.

Lori said...

These are very nice. The sunset is creative and I love the kitty shot!

Anesha said...

Great photos, love the cat shot. My cat loves the sun as well. :)

shirley said...

I love all your shots, but I love, love your sunset captured in the reflection of the door - a great way to frame it.
Yeah, the cats bring us all so much joy - I love how they can find the warmest spot in the house!
Great bokeh on the colorful shot. Summer will be here before we know it!

Michelle Renee said...

Great set, my top two faves are four (very lovely) and colorful (a little bit of sunshine in winter). :)

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Great window reflection and I didn't realise that the hunt had suggested putting 4 photots together - I must have missed that bit. Loved your winter tree scene against such a beautiful blue sky.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great snapshots! Love your colorful shot. Can't wait to see mine blooming. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

MG Atwood said...

WOW! Most impressive set this week. Truly lovely captures!

Tamar SB said...

That sunset in the door - amazing, Susan, simply amazing! Love your finds this week!

Ms. Becky said...

you truly do make the hunt fun. your sunset shot is superb - i like the reflection of it more than the sky itself and you've framed it in a unique way. princess p in black and white is another gem. the texture of her fur and the trim of the rug nicely compliment each other. it was a good choice for a black and white. when i looked at the selfie my first thought was "susan - shoes off the couch". still thinking that too but i love the shot - feet and hands. good job. magic in the winter scenes and i like the contrast of those with the rudbeckia in last shot. loving that bokeh. another gem. waiting with baited breath for your next ride in SC. happy sunday to you my friend.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

I am lovin' that first photo of the reflection of the sunset! And your series of four winter scenes is stunning. Princess P even looks rather regal here. Does she have her own tiara?

seabluelee said...

For somebody who doesn't like snow, you sure take good pictures of it. Your "Four" is/are really beautiful. I really like your selfie, too.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. I am out and about on the net testing the blogs to see whose I can comment on. So far I'm good on 11 out of 13. No comparison between the two I cannot post one because one is in France and one in the Mid-west. Hmmm!

Ashley Sisk said...

Your composition for sunset is fantastic - and I love the last shot.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I honestly think it's my pets that get me through the winter with some sanity intact.

Wonderful photos all -- thanks for the flowers. I think we can all use some pretty blooms this time of year. :)

Cedar said...

These are all great, but I absolutely love your winter four...it is truly gorgeous!

justine said...

absolutely love all your shots, I agree with you about winter, nothing colourful at the moment. Are you enjoying the self portraits? I have given up as it got too hard and I was too self critical!

Kathy said...

The angle on your b/w capture is brilliant!

Kathy

Kathy said...

oops...hit submit too soon :). Also wanted to tell you that I love the creativity of your sunset photo. You and your reflections...they never disappoint :)

Kathy

Brenda said...

Well, your poor winter attitude doesn't show in your photos :) Your winter collage looks like it should be on a postcard of the best winter has to offer - some advertisement put together to get people to come to Maine - and it would work! Your hunt results always start my week off well.

serranos in NZ said...

hi suz-checking on your blog and just loving it!! photos mixed with your pithy prose is just perfect!! nice to see images of maine and hear your "voice"- hope you are well! stay warm...kara