Pages

Followers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Ready to roll off the first Scavenger of 2012.  I don't know how Ashley manages to keep me so entertained with her wonderful prompts.  Check out the fun.






This week the hunt involved finding:  One Color, Laundry, Empty, One Dozen, and Soft.....and here we go!

Winter Sedum
Winter Sedum
One Color:  I am NOT a gardener.  I have sedum because no matter what I do or don't do to it, it will return next fall like magic.  It is currently rusted and frosty out in my back yard.

What Puddle?
What Puddle?
Laundry:  My nephew.  Went to the beach last week and surprise....my brother and the kids were there.  Brother was stacking up points so he could watch football in the afternoon.  I bet some parent had laundry to do after this outing.  Wonder if it's easy to throw in loads during the commercials.

Come In
Come In
Empty:  Not a good picture, but a sweet moment.  Do you think the Princess would go IN to the bag when I had the camera out?  Hell no.  Believe me, she was in there seventy million times, just not when I reached for my camera.  Here she is pondering visit seventy million and one.

Grab a Pen
Grab a Pen
One Dozen:  NO WAY!!  One dozen writing utensils on the closing room table at my office.  I totally did NOT add or subtract any....I took the pic for the way the light was hitting them, then I counted.  Lucky me.

Happiness Times 2 {sh 18}
Happiness Times 2
Soft:  Had to reach back to Christmas morning to fulfill this one.  Love this shot of my brother and my niece.  They are totally smitten with one another.  He is so screwed.  Soft moment, soft hair, soft cheek against a new soft sweatshirt.



There it is.  The fist of 2012 Scavenger up and running.  Thanks to Ashley the most fabulous hostess ever.  Happy day to you too.

19 comments:

Saun said...

Great set love them all especially your laundry shot.

Tezzie said...

Fabulous...I really love the sedum. And the lighting of the pen photo is beautiful! Also, I love the sweetness of the "soft" moment. Well done, my friend!

And, sorry I've been a little absent...just want to wish you a very happy new year, and best wishes for a wonderful 2012 <3

Tamar SB said...

These are great, Susan! Your dozen is fantastic!! I bet that muddy beach outing resulted in a bunch of laundry! Hope you have a great week!

Gretchen said...

Wonderful set! Love your take on laundry!!! Have a great week...

Lauri said...

Wonderful interpretations. My favorite has to be your dozen, but I got a kick out of the laundry prompt as well.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

I love how you bring such a great sense of humor to these images. Laundry is a fav, but so is that sedum. Ya gotta love plants that you can't kill!

Bek said...

The lighting with the dozen is indeed wonderful. Love your comment about doing laundry during commercials:)

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Susan, still laughing from your comment "he is so screwed".
Great shots!

Ms. Becky said...

I'm loving Winter Sedum. And Empty. and the light in Grab a Pen. Soft couldn't be more perfect. great hunt for you this week. after I posted mine I reached the conclusion that I ought to have sat this one out, but so what - it's done.
happy week to you my friend.

MG Atwood said...

Nice set. I like your laundry shot, and the empty could have easily counted as soft..have a great week!

Tracey N. said...

I love the sedum shot, My pictures of sedum never seem to turn out. I love the frosty color. The "Soft" shot is priceless, such a sweet shot.

Susan said...

Wow, love that sedum shot, so pretty. What luck on dozen too!

augcott said...

All wonderful "Scavenger Hunt" choices .... well done! :-D

My Captivating Images said...

I love when I catch a photo by luck like you did with dozen. It seems God put it there just for that, hu?

Gina Kleinworth said...

The detail in that first one is awesome!

Brenda said...

Wonderful collection! I am smitten with your writing utensils shot - I can completely understand why you were taken with that light.

Ashley Sisk said...

beautiful work - really loving your first shot.

Andrea Dawn said...

Love your dozen and one colour shots! Gorgeous!

Ida said...

Great series. Loved your One Color, Soft and Empty.