Pages

Followers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Shadow Exchange

Linking with the lovely Lisa for this week's Creative Exchange....love this linky.  Thank you Lisa.







I love this linky because it makes me reflect about the images I've taken.  I use this as a place where I post images that I captured when I was moved in an "oh wow" way.  I wasn't filling a prompt-easing it, pinching it, moving it-I was minding my own little business and my head swiveled and my heart moved.  I love that there's no theme-it just is.  Not that I mind themes, but sometimes it's nice not to have any-it's like a balmy breeze in the summer.  Did I just lose you, or are you with me?



Front Porch
Front Porch

I love this long porch.  It is not mine.  It sits a front an old farmhouse in a nature preserve.  It takes wonderful late day sun that only enhances its warm yellow paint color.  I was futzing around this front porch (again) on a cold late afternoon, when I wandered around the left end and......


Back Porch
Side Porch

.......found this little side porch all aglow.  That's when my head swiveled and my heart jumped;

Lattice Shadows {1/52}
Lattice Shadows {1/52}

Over lattice.  Who would of thought lattice could be so wonderful?
(Well maybe my friend Brenda.)


Crossing Pattern BW
Crossing Pattern BW



Green Door
Green Door

Thanks for taking a quick heart jump, head swivel with me.  Have a great day.

23 comments:

lisa said...

I am with you, and I am thrilled that The Creative Exchange is such a place for you, but it is we who are truly the fortunate ones to be able to view your wonderful work. Love each of these images Susan!

Thank you so very much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

Have a great day!

lisa.

Tezzie said...

oh, *heart thump* , that green door...wow <3

justine said...

I love the feeling of space in each of these photographs, wonderful depth of field in them and great lines and textures, all boxes ticked!

Tamar SB said...

These are great! Love that porch, too!!

gina said...

I love porches and yellow houses -- beautifully captured. The lattice pattern is just wonderful!

seabluelee said...

That front porch and those lattice shadows - WOW! What a find. Is that Laudholm again? So beautiful - love the patterns and colors.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Love those head swiveling moments. You captured some great images here!

augcott said...

I love your work .... you manage to capture the essence of each item. Well done!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all so interesting - I'm really liking your first shot.

Ms. Becky said...

The dial on my WOW meter spun 360 when I saw that first shot. Is that similar to a head swivel and a heart jump? love all of them. the shadow patterns are mesmerizing. great job Susan. You have truly found your eye. happy day my friend.

Brenda said...

Oh, yes indeedy! This is definitely a head swivel, heart jump moment! This series falls under the "wish-I-had-taken-these" shots. Shadow shots to die for. You have learned well, Grasshopper :)

martinealison said...

Des photos magnifiques... je suis toujours si heureuse de visiter votre blog... Continuez de nous enchanter;
Gros bisous

Nadege, said...

Nice looking porch and the shadow patterns are fantastic...a wonderful find.

Phyllis said...

Hi Susan - I've said it once, I'll say it again...you are so talented!! I would love to be sitting in a rocking chair on that first porch. On a gentle spring morning with a cup of hot tea. On a warm summer night with a glass of wine nearby, while listening to the crickets chirp. On a chiily autum day, wrapped up in a blanket, lost in a good book. Well, I guess you photographs evoked a response within me. Thanks for taking me away for a while. Now back to reality and off to work!!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

As someone who is involved in too many photo challenges, I totally get what you mean.

Love the long shadows in these photos. The light is perfect. :)

Cathy H. said...

Stunning shadow photos!! I think my heart would have just stopped when I saw this wonderful shadow pattern!!

Rosie said...

How wonderful, Susan! I LOVE this porch and all the patterns! Great light and also the black and white version is amazing! Loving all of them!

Anita Johnson said...

I would love to sit on that porch and have a cup of coffee and talk photography with you. These images are so eye catching. Beautiful and sun filled!

Bek said...

Beautiful front porch!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

You lost me ... I actually zoned out and was sitting on that front porch soaking up the evening sun ... smiling.

urban muser said...

those are such perfect shadows! great shots.

Laloofah said...

I love this post! Love the porches, love the colors, REALLY love the lattice shadows (magical!), and love your photos! I don't know which I'd love to do more, photograph that porch or sit on that porch! So... I'll choose both. :-)

Juli said...

I LOVE that porch! Heart jumping and head swivelling for sure.