Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sundae Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  A ritual 'round these parts.  Try it; you'll like it. 








This week's list was a little tough I thought, but that's what makes it fun:
Smile, Stand Alone, Rusty/Something Old, Artificial, and Repeating Pattern.



Brownie Sundae
Brownie Sundae
Smile:  Taking a little liberty here with the interpretation....but I met some friends for lunch the other day.  They ALWAYS order dessert (with extra spoons).  This choice definitely made me smile and so did their wonderful company.  What would we do without friends?

Dawn
Dawn
Stand Alone:  Another early wake up due to the C-A-T.  But I did get the bene of this first hint of sun.  For future reference my dear feline, 5:10 a.m. is not a convenient time for ME.  I'll also remind you that I control the food pail.

Rust and Chips
Rust and Chips
Rusty/Something Old:  Door handle on old mill building.  Think that might be lead paint?


Beef Broth
Beef Broth
Artificial:  This one totally stumped me.  I imagine I'll see brilliant interpretations.  All I could think of was fake sugar.  So....this is NOT artificial.  I know-bad.  Not even a pretty Kim Klassen texture could rescue this.
Please don't throw tomatoes at me and Emeril.


Blue on Blue {sh 49} {3/52}
Blue on Blue {3/52}
Repeating Patterns:  I had about 5 different shots I could have used for this one.  I guess repeating patterns are something I like to shoot.  Go figure.


Thanks for visiting me today, checkin' out my scavenger pics.  I hope you're having a fantastic Sunday (Sundae)  :)

 

29 comments:

martinealison said...

Je veux bien déguster un petit gâteau au chocolat avec une bonne glace à la fève de la tonka!...
merci pour l'ensemble de ces belles photos.
gros bisous

MG Atwood said...

Your stand alone is breath taking. Well worth getting up early for! Rusy is lovely as well, and no tomoatoes thrown here. Love Emeril, and some weeks are harder than others. Love the processing on that one. Have a great week.

Tamar SB said...

These are so great, Susan, I too had a hard time with artificial! I love that sunrise, just stunning! And true, beyond true - where would we be without friends!

Krista said...

LOVE the ice cream. Artificial totally had me stumped too!

Linda said...

Interpretation is everything, don't you think? I have this nice little Sony Cybershot that has a "smile" setting, supposed to only actually shoot the photo when it recognizes a smile, so this would have been a help. However, I have discovered that what the camera thinks is a smile and what I think is a smile are vastly different! The sunrise is beautiful...nice work!

Susan said...

I hear you about the C-A-T; ours was in rare form this am. So noisy and insistent! Great find for rusty, and yes, likely lead paint. Love your repeating pattern too! Hope you have a great week Susan!

Kay L. Davies said...

Sundae Scavenger — you had me at the title! Love it. Great shots, Susan.
K

Kathy said...

Whoa! Love that "rust"....the texture is gorgeous! And your repeating patterns...ANYONE who can make shopping carts look darn gorgeous and include bokehs has my undivided attention!

Kathy

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

So in love with the 'rust' image and the repeating pattern image is really cool too.

augcott said...

Great interpretations!
Well done!
:-D

Tezzie said...

That dessert would put a smile on anyone's face :) Fabulous sunrise...but the winner this week has GOT to be the rusty handle. Wow, I'm loving that shot! <3

Deborah L. Tisch said...

I'll take one brownie fudge sundae please...and I'm not sure I want to share!

I really like the rusty photo. Lovely textures here.

seabluelee said...

I'll have one of those sundaes too, thank you very much. (Maybe after our next outing?) I love that rusty handle and cracked green paint! And Blue on Blue - how cool is that! See, it would never even occur to me to see that as a potential photo subject. I really like the selective focus you used.

Scrappy Grams said...

oh, I almost drooled when I saw the brownie sundae! love Bokeh of the grocery carts. wow, that was early, d a r n cat! but look what you have because of him! (her?)

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

How weird am I? My two favorites are the sundae and the door handle. Do I need therapy?

I'd bet that paint has lead, the mill was built long before leaded paint was outlawed.

shirley said...

Well, I smiled at that brownie sundae, so it's all good. My fave of your collection is the rusty / old door latch. So much interest there!

deb duty said...

This is such a great collection! The sundae is perfect for smile and I love the rusty handle!

Anita Johnson said...

I planned on looking at all your photos, but got stuck on the brownie fudge sundae. Boy, that looks good!

Saun said...

Awesome rust what a great set! Now I want a sundae :)

Nadege, said...

We have a cat who thinks five am is a good time for breakfast.
That cake bring a smile to my face. I love the rusty handle and your repeating pattern shot is very cool.

Serline said...

I feel so happy and relaxed looking at your first and second shots. Have a great week!

JM said...

Amazing images! The brownie couldn't look tastier. Love the dawn and the door handle shots.

Ashley Sisk said...

What a beautiful set - I love stand alone and your DOF in the last shot.

Brenda said...

Well, you had me drooling over the brownie sundae. Laughing over the message to C-A-T. Loving the rusty textures and peeling paint. Laughing again at your response to "artifical". And loving the repeating patterns with its shiny bokeh. Thanks for all of it.

Katie said...

Great set! That brownie sundae looks delicious, and I love how creative you were with the artificial! The repeating patterns is my favorite.

Mira Crisp said...

The door handle shot is wonderful! I love the texture and color, great capture! :)

Linda R said...

I don't know what it is about old rusty stuff, but I just love that photo.. And I think I just gained
5 lb just looking at that yummy desert..

Brooke said...

Susan.....sorry about your early rising cat. Mine gets banished to the basement each night. He's had the entire house up at 5am! Oy. anyway.... Love your shots...as always. That rusty door handle kicks booty!

Gilly said...

Love the dawn shot, and that brownie sundae looks sensational! Can I come visit and have you take me there????