Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday-yee-haw.  Always a fave linky of mine.  You should try it too!!  









This week's topics were Stacked Up, Winter Wonderland, Sweet, Hole, and Frozen

Somebody was thinking winter this week when they came up with this list.  I have been lucky enough to be enjoying a nearly snowless winter thus far, well that is until Thursday when the predicted 1-3 inches turned into 8".  The weather terrorists over at the Weather Channel must be kicking themselves for missing the opportunity to beat their warrior drums for days on this one.  I gave up my cable-so perhaps there was some other large weather event for them to salivate over.  I'm sounding bitter....better move along to the "hunt".


Colors
Colors
Stacked Up:  Taking a little liberty and a trip to the archives for this colorful scarf image.  It was on display outside a local shop and I found the colors and textures appealing.

Winter Collage
Winter Collage
Winter Wonderland:  Ah, yah.  Before the worst.


Breakfast Berries
Breakfast Berries
Sweet:  Trying to lay off the candy, cookie hangover from December and go "nat'rul".

Moon
Moon
Hole:  Frozen fingers still made this image worth it.  The cloud wrapped moon looks like a hole in the sky, yes?  Or am I just trying to fill a prompt with the only thing that will stretch to meet it? (or maybe to show off  a pretty photo?)

One Drip
One Drip
Frozen:  Deck Railing out back.

Thank you for stopping by the "Ears" to see my images today.  Wishing you a happy and restful Sunday.

25 comments:

AuroraLee said...

I was going to say 'I love the scarf photo', then it was... 'mmm strawberries'...

Well, I just love all these photos! Great job!

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I love that moon shot and how soft those clouds look........just like fine ripples on a calm ocean evening.

SarahinSC said...

Your hole shot with the moon is so dramatic and wonderful. It's so mysterious looking. Love it!
Sarah:)

Shay said...

LOVE the color and texture in that scarf and the shot of the moon is AMAZING!

Sunshine said...

The moon shot is gorgeous! Definitely worth the frozen fingers.

Lori said...

That moon shot is wonderful, just so beautiful!

Linda said...

I love the photos, but I also love your words! I feel completely connected when I read your blog! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos!

seabluelee said...

Well, I don't know about a hole in the sky, but I love your Moon photo anyway. It's beautiful!

Ms. Becky said...

I love the scarf. when I first saw it I thought it was a woven rag rug - I'm always on the look-out for those. You didn't purchase that scarf? guess it depends on the price. I'm a chiseler myself when it comes to pulling money out of my pocket. the progression of your series is fantastic - the colors. really nice mix. I guess moon shot is my fave - the sky/clouds look like iced feathers. really really nice. happy SHS to you my friend. (I posted to SC finally, in case you haven't been there lately!).

MG Atwood said...

Wow to that moon shot! Your take on the weatherman, is so funny. Sums up my feelings exactly! Love the series. Have a nice week.

Tamar SB said...

Those are all spectacular shots! Love all the colors in the yarn!

Krista said...

Very Creative set! I love the stacked and the shot of the moon amazing. By the way, thank you so much for the encouraging words you left on my set!

Woody said...

Colors has a ton of visual interest!

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Yes, I see that hole in the sky in the moon shot... Perfect! Love your set of photos!

shirley said...

I love all your photos. I totally relate to the frozen fingers - that is a beautiful moon! While it is hard to choose a favorite, I think it's the Frozen photo - great timing.

Ashley Sisk said...

Great job girl - loving your first and last shots.

Susan said...

Nice finds Susan! Love your winter collage and what a pretty moon shot; it almost looks as if the sky has frozen! Hope you have a wonderful (and warm) week!

augcott said...

I am in love with that moon shot!
Well done!
Lovely selection for the scavenger hunt.
Happy Shooting :-D

lisa said...

This moon shot is amazing Susan!!
Just gorgeous.

Buckeroomama said...

Those last two shots are so awesome! Beautiful, beautiful moon shot and that frozen drip... great capture!

Brenda said...

I can understand your reasoning for wanting to include the moon photo - simply gorgeous. The sky looks like liquid metal - simply stunning - those silvery blues and grays. Who cares what the prompt was?

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

The clouds are just amazing -- they look to be frozen in place. :)

Kathy said...

Marvelous set my friend! But those last two photos completely blow me away! And for WHATEVER reason you decide that moon photo fits the prompt...who cares?!?!?! It deserves to be seen. I'm just going to say it fills the criteria perfectly :)

Kathy

Katie said...

The moon shot is stunning. I am so glad you decided to share it!

JM said...

I love the diversity in your posts. All shots are fantastic!