Pages

Followers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Love me those reflections.  Linking with the guru of reflections, Sir James.  If you start, you won't be able to stop.  Pop by Weekend Reflections and see if it peaks your interest.

Also linking with Shoot, Edit, Submit over at "Through a Photographer's Eyes".


Frozen Pond
Frozen Pond
I've been basking in an abnormally warm and snow-less winter here in Maine thus far.  We did have a cold snap this past week and today it's snowing.  Bummer.
Took my sweet dog for a nice long walk in the woods.  At the end of the trail is Alewive Pond....with ice.  The reflections are subtle, but these are my first ice reflections.  I like the water ones better.

New Years Walk
New Years Walk {1/52}
Speaking of the hound....Miss Tula getting her New Years walk.  I know I've done reflection shots of her several times, but you can't get your own reflection in the sand, so it has to be your walking buddy.






I am also using this "New Years Walk" as this week's submission for Shoot, Edit, Submit.



Windows Thru a Window BW
Windows Thru a Window
From an old farmhouse, now preserved, the view from back to the front with hanging branches from behind.

Salon
Salon
Yay.  Got a haircut yesterday.  Love that.  Before I got into that white Subaru parked there....I snagged a reflection shot in the window.  See that red building across the street.  They have really good wine, so I've heard.  Perhaps I wouldn't know that, you know, personally or anything like that. ; )


Hope you have a great weekend planned.  And thanks to James for hosting.  I'm going to remember to push on one of those ads on his blog to help off-set the cost of the link.  It's worth it.

16 comments:

Kathy said...

Awesome shot of your dog and sand reflection. Love your choice of b/w for it too.

Kathy

Malyss said...

All pictures are great, but the one of the dog is really fabulous!

Sylvia K said...

I always enjoy all of your captures, Susan, but like the others, this week I'm totally hooked on the one of your dog!! How fun! Hope you have a great weekend -- both of you! And isn't it wonderful to get a haircut? I'm hoping to do the same next week!!

Sylvia

Woody said...

I, too, really like the 'Miss Tula' shot, great reflections!

Martha Z said...

This is an eclectic group of reflections, all wonderful.

Ms. Becky said...

well I'll be damned...I looked at the weather map this morning and saw Maine getting some flakes and wondered if you were under that cloud. guess so. it'll go away...
I look at your reflection shots and always learn something. just this morning when I was tediously working on my post I spent way too long on editing one shot that was a storefront reflection. eventually ended up rejecting it. yours are the gold standard for me, and it just didn't seem good enough. I love Tula butt-shot reflections. that's my fave today. And Windows Thru a Window. the first thing I noticed with that one was the fringe on top. (the tree branches). love it.
check your email in awhile for an as-of-yet unwritten one coming over the wires. I'm heading there to write it....NOW. later buddy.

Leanne said...

Love Miss Tula's reflection-Gorgeous in B&W

seabluelee said...

Well, like everyone else, I'm enamored with Tula's black and white backside reflection today. It's somehow very real...very doggy.

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

You have a great eye for reflections. I love the reflection of your dog and the windows through the windows.

James said...

The top one really speaks to me because of the ice. It's been over 80F twice this week and the rest of the days where in the 70's. I miss real winters. The black and white photos are excellent and I always enjoy studying your window reflections.


Lots of the photos that I post were taken with my point & shoot camera (Canon Powershot s95) but when I use my Rebel T1i I usually use the 50mm 1.4 or 17-55 2.8.

My favorite and sharpest lens is my Canon 50mm 1.4 it cost about $350. I've read that the 50mm 1.8 is pretty good too and it only cost about $100. Shooting with a 50mm lens especially on a 1.6 crop camera takes some getting used to.

Have a great weekend!

Kay L. Davies said...

What a wonderful assortment of reflections, but of course I love the dog best!
K

Brenda said...

Susan,
I'm sure Tula doesn't mind being your reflection subject - especially since she has had well over her 15 minutes of fame as a result. Your black and white work continues to inspire.

Congrats on signing up for the Digital Imaging course - I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Carole Meisenhelter said...

delightful reflections; I like the dog/puddle..

rem_la said...

une belle serie

Jess said...

Beautiful how the reflection in the wet sand came out. I suppose the light has to be just right for that to work.

Bek said...

I like the perspective and the reflection of you dog on his walk. But I really love the window!! You captured so much with it!