Pages

Followers

Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with the master of all reflections, James over at Weekend Reflections.


A little short on reflections this week (oh no, say it isn't so) and I was thinking it was me being unobservant BUT what dawned on me is we've had several snowy days.....and reflections and snow don't go together...or at least I haven't figured out how to get a reflection of something off snow.  As my 5 yr old nephew would say about that, and almost anything else, "not fair".  With a little pouty lip for emphasis.  I'm glad I'm not 5 anymore.


Delta
Delta
Yah, a stretch....but I am there with my big ol one eye strapped on my face.


Window Squared
Window Squared
I went back and found this one from late December.  This is a window through a window...I like the abstraction of wondering what is where.

Art Supplies
Art Supplies
I got this one all ready to share last week, and forgot. D'oh!  Outside an art supply store  They have funky windows with interesting shapes.

Street Lamp
Street Lamp
I shared the BW version of this a few days ago....and received a bunch of super nice compliments (thank you all).  Mostly I took the image for the light reflections on the wet streets and subtle window smears.  I was thinking reflections....but the BW gave a really nice appeal too.


Thanks for peeking at my shots today.  Wishing you a happy day.

17 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I think you got some terrific reflections for the day -- whenever you got them!! I wouldn't recognize sunshine these days with all the gray, the snow, the fog we've had lately! Glad I have some photo files, too!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Stay warm!

Sylvia

Ms. Becky said...

I'm captivated by that faucet. I realized something looking at it - a reflection doesn't have to be a defined image. what I love about that shot is the light reflected/bouncing off the arm of the faucet. and the etchings in the bottom portion. nice catch. you always come through with fun reflections. the last shot is very cool. my camera was silent for the better part of the week. hoping to get something up at SC. have a happy weekend my friend.

Woody said...

I like the faucet too! It's not something you'd normally think to capture.

I hear ya' I'm dangerously low on my photo 'backlog'.

Life with Kaishon said...

Really beautiful! I love the sink reflection! The street also. It tells a story! : ) LOVE the lights!

hannah said...

Peeking sneakily, as I don't remember how I got here and whether or not I am welcome :-)

Linda said...

The beauty of blogging is that you are forced to think, think, think! I am constantly trying to expand my view, so thanks for yet another great idea! Love the faucet shot!

Brenda said...

Susan - I think the faucet is a fabulous reflection - not a stretch in the least. Very imaginative and outside-the-box thinking. And made extra-special by that lovely little flare.

Kay L. Davies said...

I agree with Becky and Brenda, the faucet shot is great! I love it. I also like the other shots, especially the window-through-window reflection and the night lights on the street. The art store windows made me think of our house, where no two windows are the same size and/or shape, but they're not funky like these, they're just funny.
Good work.
K

Nadege, said...

You have an amazing eye for these wonderful reflections. Love the faucet shot.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Your improvisation, using the kitchen faucet, turned out great! The rest of your reflection shots show you have a great eye for finding awesome captures in some very unsuspecting places. :) Happy Weekend to you.

James said...

I love your photographs! The bottom one is AWESOME! :)

Kat Sloma said...

Great reflection on that faucet! Always fun to come by and see your reflection shots Susan.

Scrappy Grams said...

again, I love your reflection shots! they are so wonderful to behold.

Kara said...

I love the creativity in the first shot! You have a very clean faucet. I did not see the BW of the last shot but I love the color reflections. Very nice.

JM said...

All are wonderful, but my favourite is on top. Well spotted!

Tamar SB said...

These are gorgeous! Love the street lamp - the light is stunning!

Francesco Miranda said...

I repeat, it reminds me Blade Runner...

:-)