Pages

Followers

Friday, January 27, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James for this week's Weekend Reflections


One of my favorite type of images to search for and capture is reflections.  I don't really know why, but the addiction grows rather than ebbs.  I have dear friends (bless them) who tell me I should print and display photos "somewhere, anywhere"; that I should do something with my images.  They're probably right, but that's easy for them to say and harder for me to do.  BUT, I suppose I could get together pretty easily some reflection shots and have a logical series.  Do you suppose the general public would "get it"?  But, then again, does it matter?  I guess what I'm trying to say is....I like reflections; thanks James.


As in many regions, winter is WEIRD this year.  I'm relishing it.  We did get nailed with snow the past 2 weeks back, and still have a cover of it, but then to my complete delight it warmed up and started melting.  Very un-Maine like.  Yay.  Melting snow=watery puddles in the sun=good reflection ops.




Joy BW {3/52}
Joy

I like to walk the beach in winter, because although it's cold, it doesn't look like winter on the exposed sand. This little dog (not mine) seemed to share my joy on one of the warm days we had earlier this week.


Red Doors
Red Doors

My neighbors likely think I'm nuts; wondering why I'm inspecting the melting snow puddles around the neighborhood.  This is why.

Abstract Mill
Abstract Mill

More melting snow....left in a parking lot.  An old mill building in reflection.

Repeat
Repeat

Sort of like this one.  I like the reflection of the tall smoke stack and how it distorts in the top window.  Below is a pic I snapped of the stack a year or so ago.

Brick Stack



 
Well that's it for this week's reflections. 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look-see.  Have a great weekend.

18 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

A wonderful variety of dynamic reflections! The reflection of "happy dog" is especially enchanting! And love the silvered grey tones in contrast with his dark silhouette!

Sylvia K said...

Gemma has said it! Such a terrific variety of reflections and all so beautiful! I love the dog and can almost feel the joy! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with lots of lovely reflections to capture!

Sylvia

augcott said...

Absolutely wonderful shots!

Kay L. Davies said...

Gotta love a happy dog!
I'm sure you did something tricky with the second photo, and I'm impressed.
K

Gerald (Hyde DP) said...

The dog's reflection looks like a shadow at first glance.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

You can tell the dog is in pure heaven! I'm really liking the selective colorization on the garage!!

Susan said...

Great reflections this week. I especially like your spot of color in the red doors! (And you totally should print and display some of your lovely shots.)

seabluelee said...

LOVE the silhouette and reflection of Tula - you named it perfectly. The red doors were a fun surprise, and I love the reflection of the tall stack in the mill windows.

Linda said...

Love the shots! I especially love the dog romping at the beach...definitely looks like he is having fun - multiplied! Very clever photography throughout!

Carol Blackburn said...

Run Tula Run........ great shots, Susan.

James said...

You really are a great photographer! Almost every time the first photo is my favorite until I see the second photo, then the third is best etc so I start from the bottom and it happens again going toward the top. Any way I slice it I love your photos. :)

Brenda said...

Susan - Well, I finally got my act together and joined in this week. Thanks for your enthusastic comments on my reflection images. And I'm glad to know that we have our own little "search-for-images-that-fit-the-prompt-AFTER-the-fact" club! It's good to know I'm not alone.

Now on to your reflection masterpieces - Each week this is my challenge - to pick my faavorite of your photos. Hmmm - I guess I'll have to go with "Abstract Mill - just because I love all things abstract and that one is mighty fine. But then there is your clever use of BW plus color on "Red Doors" - very unique. And then "Joy" is just "joyful". And then the distortion on "Repeat". Oh, heck - I give up. Love 'em all.

smiles, Sharon said...

SUSAN I LOVE IT THAT YOU LOVE REFLECTIONS, I FEEL THE SAME WAY...SEEING SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL IN DOUBLE! SUCH A TREAT. BUT ONLY EYES WHO REALLY LOOK FOR REFLECTIONS FIND THEM, RATHER LIKE AN ELUSIVE RAINBOW. YOUR MUD PUDDLE ONE IS TOTALLY UNIQUE, A TRUE STAND OUT. VERY ABSTRACT. I CAN FEEL THE SQUISH OF BOOTS TRAIPSING THROUGH IT!!! KEEP UP THE REFLECTIONS AND PUBLISH IN A BLURB BOOK, OR ON I MAC, SHUTTERFLY...AT LEAST DO IT FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FRIENDS. YOU CAN PUT IT ON YOUR BLOG FOR SALE. EASY PEASY...SMILES; SHARON

Lesley said...

The first photo is so enchanting.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

These are all so creative. You have a great eye for composition. :)

Rebecca said...

I am linking that abstract mill reflection.

kara said...

love the dog on the beach!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

The dog and reflection look like Joy Squared.