Pages

Followers

Monday, February 6, 2012

Creative Exchange 7/52

Linking with the fabulous and sweet Lisa for this week's Creative Exchange.







Late last August I successfully finished a 365.  Since that time I've wondered if I should undertake another one.  I've hemmed and hawed, wasted time thinking, tried to create another way to keep me shooting regularly to hold interest and up my skill level.....and blah, blah, blah.


Finally in January I decided to do a 7/52.  I made it up myself, or if someone else already thought of it, subconsciously stole it from them.  (sorry) My goal is rather than to shoot every day, to allow myself to pass when I'm uninspired, need a break, can't deal with the pouring rain, too damn busy, etc.....and challenge myself instead to find 7 images that speak to me each week.  I haven't called out or shared all of my images as part of this challenge yet, so I thought I might today.  I'm finding this new twist fits me well and I take photos almost every day anyway. 


Some of these you may have seen earlier last week, but here is my week 5, 7/52 set:


Go {5/52}
Go {5/52}

Door Arches {5/52}
Door Arches {5/52}


Winter Morn {5/52}
Winter Morn {5/52}


Morning BW {5/52}
Morning BW {5/52}


On the Curl {5/52}
On the Curl {5/52}


Oil and Water {5/52}
Oil and Water {5/52}


Closed for the Season {5/52}
Closed for the Season {5/52}


My apologies if you've already viewed some, but hope you enjoyed my 5th week on 7/52.
Thanks for taking a look and have a wonderful day.  If we can get past Monday....the rest is downhill.

20 comments:

Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry said...

i'm impressed!
your photography is really stunning!
it's really hard to pick a favourite.

nicely done:)

Rosie said...

Such a wonderful collection of photos Susan! I do hope to find some time this week to catch up on your projects! Have a fantastic week!

Tamar SB said...

Oh I just love the wave on the beach! My favorite part of the beach I grew up near was the underside of the huge piers, I loves the shadows and cool air that I found there!

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Wow that oil and water shot is just stunning!

Leanne said...

These are all very lovely. I think it's a great idea to set your own rules in these photo challenges!

Linda said...

Didn't matter that I had seen some of them - they were worth a 2nd look. I loved all of them, but the selfie is my favorite. Great shot!

seabluelee said...

Ha ha...I guess sometimes we do see with the same eye. I have that last shot in my camera, too...and called it the same name! :-)

Brenda said...

Susan - great to see the results of your 7/52 and to learn that this challenge is working for you. I can see it in your images - that this daily practice is a successful one. Love "Winter Morn" and the silhouetted ferris wheel - gorgeous against that orange light.

lisa said...

This is a beautiful series of photographs Susan, and I really like the 7/52 idea! Love the motion in the firs one here, and the color too.

Thank you so very much for sharing with us today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa.

Anna said...

Hi Susan,
Sounds like you've come up with a great workable idea here. I honestly don't know how folks can get through the 365 projects. I think that a 365 would turn photography into a drudgery, type duty for me.
But, on to your photos, my favs - love #1 (purple is my fav color!, motion, light), On the Curl (dramatic design and great light), Oil and Water (like the abstract design and warm/cool color harmony and contrast).
7/52 is working well for you!
Have a great week of seven new good ones.

Nadege, said...

They are all quite stunning.
Your have such great technique and an amazing eye for photography.
I love 'Go', 'Morning' and 'Oil & Water' the most.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Excellent photographs.
Good luck with your project.

Regards and best wishes

Lara @ Uproad said...

well, I thought about it myself, but I don't find the guts. I am afraid the inspiration will be lacking or something :)). your photos are awesome, so simple, so complex at the same time :), so stunning!

Rebecca said...

I like the colors and lines of the Winter Morn shot.

JillsyGirl Studio said...

I love them all, but that first one took my breath away!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

All fabulous captures, Susan! Thank you for posting these. :)

James said...

Excellent idea and excellent shots! You inspire me but I think I've said that before. :)

smiles, Sharon said...

Oh my goodness, I love Winter Morn...you must have returned to catch it in a glorious blast of color. Magnificent photograph.

Jess said...

"Go" is stunningly fantastic. Were you panning or shooting from another moving vehicle? Love those rich colors!

Gilly said...

Great idea! I know I would never do a 365, although it's not so much the idea of taking a picture a day that stops me as the idea of having to sort one out and upload it to the computer every day. This seems a much better option.

There are some great photos here; I particularly like the first one, with its gorgeous colours and use of blur, and 'oil and water' is a really strong and powerful image.

Sorry it's been such a long time since I've been by here; I aim to do better from now on :-))